Can anyone recommend a honeymoon package?

lbarton

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.

My fiancee and myself are getting married in October and are planning our honeymoon at DisneyWorld at the moment.

She has been to Disney many times... from when it opened to 1987 annually and a few trips since... I have never been.

We were wondering if someone could recommend a package configuration for our honeymoon. Is the honeymoon package good value, or would we better off with some other package then adding things on ourselves?

We are looking at Staying from Monday Oct 13th to Sunday Oct 19th, in the Carribean Beach Resort.
How busy is Disney in October, and is there anything this particular week we should be aware of?

Do you normally book directly with Disney through their website or over the phone, or do you use a travel agent?

Also, what is your favourite place for a romantic meal... and is there anything you would say is "must do" for a honeymoon vacation at Disney?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Lee

First of all let me say Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and welcome to the DIS! :wave:

We were wondering if someone could recommend a package configuration for our honeymoon. Is the honeymoon package good value, or would we better off with some other package then adding things on ourselves?

Typically packages cost you more money in the long run but on occassion packages can be the better deal - it just depends on what you like to do. Check out the mousesavers.com website to see if there are any discounts for your dates. I think with the big Fairy Tale Package promotion going on they are not offering many other discounts for that time frame.

Disney does offer honeymoon packages and I believe they come with special extras that you only get with that package but I do not know the cost.

How busy is Disney in October, and is there anything this particular week we should be aware of?

I have never been in October but I understand it is a great time to go. Pleasant weather and only moderate crowds.

Do you normally book directly with Disney through their website or over the phone, or do you use a travel agent?

I have always booked with Disney on the phone. I have never really seen where a travel agent could get me a better deal but if you are the type that does not want to bother with the details then a travel agent may be a good idea. Lots of people on the DIS work with Dreams Unlimited because they specialize in Disney vacations.

Also, what is your favourite place for a romantic meal... and is there anything you would say is "must do" for a honeymoon vacation at Disney?

I think that Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge is a great romantic restaurant especially if you like the theming. If you are looking for romance try to get a PS for later in the evening when you will be less likely to have large numbers of kids dining with you.

There are so many wonderful things that you can do at WDW and it really can depend on what you and your fiancee enjoy. We have rented the surrey bikes at our resorts, we have watched the MK fireworks from a hammock on the Polynesian resort beach (it was December and there were maybe 2-3 other people present at the time :) ), we had leisurely dinners at some of the nicer restaurants, took an Illuminations fireworks cruise, etc.. Spend some time researching what is available and I am sure you will have a fantastic time. I highly recommend the guidebook WDW for Couples by the Permulleters (I may have misspelled the name). It really gives you lots of great info on resorts and on romantic places in the parks and out.

IMO the honeymoon packages that i've seen offered in the past are a rip-off. book it yourself.

we bought AP's, got an AP discount at the beach club, and were able to honeymoon for 2 weeks eating at a nice sit-down every night for far less than what they wanted to give us as a package.

i've booked through travel agents and through disney directly, and my favorite place for a romantic meal is the california grill. :)

We spent 5 nights at Disney and 3 at Universal last year for our honeymoon, stayed in deluxe resorts, and spent less than $2000.

We chose the AKL at Disney.. We loved everything about the hotel except it is a little far away from everything besides the AK. We bought our UPH's ($800 or so) ahead of time with our Disney Club discount. I think that the room-only codes last year were our salvation, we got our room for $119 plus tax (for $663 total). By any chance did you book the FTP this year?

Universal was also a nice surprise.. we had never been before. We stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort, and it was absolutely gorgeous...It is decorated in a Balinese/South Pacific resort theme, and very romantic.. You can get rooms there through the Entertainment Card for $110 right now, and five day tickets for US/IOA are only $95 per person if you buy them online.

Go to www.mousesavers.com and Mary has TONS of helpful hints on saving money!

I'd like to welcome you to the Dis and suggest giving our Wedding and Honeymoon board a try. I'll move your post over for you. Thanks for posting and have a great trip.

another vote for the california grill at the contemporary resort... you can enjoy the fireworks over the castle while you dine. as for booking the honeymoon package, you probably will do better booking yourself; however, the packages usually offer certain extras that you may or may not be interested in.

congrats on your wedding!!

thanks for all the replies... It has given us some things to think about and discuss :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter