Can I dine with people not on DDP?

MickeyCrazed

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling solo, and have friends who will be joining me for dinner. Can I use my DP credits if they are paying cash? Thanks.

You just tell them when you check in/get seated (sometimes it's better to cover all your bases) who has dining plan and who doesnt. They will bring out separate tickets.

And if you are feeling really generous, you can share some of your appetizer/dessert with them!

Sure can. We went with our extended family who were not on the meal plan. 4 of us were, 6 of them were not. We just explained upon ordering. It was never an issue. In fact, we tended to take full advantage of all that comes with the dining plan (appetizers, etc) and share.

The only place we had trouble with this, was last Sept at San Angel Inn. I didn't want to waste a TS there as I don't particularly like their food, so when we ordered we told the waiter that we would need seperate tickets and that my son and D-I-L would be using the dining plan while all I wanted was the cheese fundido using my DDE card. We were told that only one discount was allowed per table and either we all used the dining plan or none of us could. After arguing with him for a few minutes, I asked to speak to a manager who said the exact same thing. I asked her what if I had just met them there and didn't have the dining plan, would I still not be allowed to order the fundido. After thinking about it for a few minutes she finally nodded and said that was right, we all had to use the dining plan. My D-I-L and I round up sharing.

MickeyCrazed said:
I will be traveling solo, and have friends who will be joining me for dinner. Can I use my DP credits if they are paying cash? Thanks.

Yes you can. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter