Can I get back on the boat to eat then off again?

BAKAROMA

Mouseketeer
At those ports where we are around after our dinner schedule can we get on and eat then get back off for more fun? If so how do we do this quickly and efficiently? Key West and Cozumel are the two I am thinking about.

First, it's a ship, not a boat. A boat is that thing you go fishing in with your buddy. :) Figure I'd better tell you now before one of the crew corrects you later ;)

Getting on and off the ship is very simple and straightforward and you can do so as many times as you want. The only place there are any limitations is at Grand Cayman as you have to tender on boats back and forth to land. Ohterwise, sure go have dinner and go back into town. Just pay attention to the all aboard time they post at the gangway off the ship - it is not flexible.

Once in port and the captain has given the all clear to go ashore you can disembark and board the ship as many times as you would like. There is a gangway up the whole time we are in port with DCL members swiping (thru a machine, not stealing LOL) your KTTW card when you enter and exit and ship. The gangway will be located on Deck 1 and there will be signs telling you what time you must be back onboard. It is a very easy process. Though sometimes there can be a back up of people waiting to get off or on the ship at any given time. Be aware that any one 18 and older must have their KTTW card and photo I.D. to leave and board the ship in port.

DCL has secured some of the best docking locations at these two ports. Shopping is very convenient from both of them.

The first two links are the Magic docked in Key West and the third is the Magic docked in Cozumel. As you can see they are great locations.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/47984596/47992514dheSXs

http://community.webshots.com/photo/47984596/47992501snXmjQ

http://community.webshots.com/photo/61027011/61041712jGtIcv

MJ

Like Mark said, the All Aboard time is NOT flexible! There are a couple of time zone changes on the 7 night cruises (2 time zones on the Eastern - if I remember correctly, and 1 on the Western). Make sure that you change your watches when you are supposed to and in the correct direction!!

The ship has left people behind before because they were not on board.

In Grand Cayman you want to be back to the dock before the scheduled LAST tender back to the ship.

Getting on and off of the ship is very quick and easy - especially when it's docked. When you have to be tendered ashore, it's still easy, just not as quick because you have to wait for the tender to make its round trip. (Always in Grand Cayman, very infrequently in St. Thomas)

Remember the Magic and Wonder are ships. They carry boats. The boats they carry are there just in case the ship fails.

Funny this - I asked Buckaroo's Dad exactly the same question : "Can I get back on the boat to eat then off again?" recently - and he replied :

Only when you are in port....:D

Originally posted by MarkRG
First, it's a ship, not a boat. A boat is that thing you go fishing in with your buddy. :)

Boat: Hole in the water that you pour money into!!

mjbarnard.....that BD is just so full of wisdom!!! Take his advice on that one!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter