Can I get some clarification on point transfers?

xWilliam

Mouseketeer
so me and my wife are planning a trip next year for our family and for the first leg we were going to be at disneyland before flying out to WDW and staying at our home resort. We were thinking of renting so we don't have the headache of trying to book the Grand Californian at the 7 month mark, until i remembered about transferring. I looked into it but wanted to get some clarification from someone who's actually done it.

1. Do transferred points have home resort priority of the transferring member or the receiving member?
2. can you transfer/receive points for the upcoming use year (since i would need 2019 points)

1) points keep their original UY. You will have to call MS to book using transferednpoints because they do not show up online in your account (unless, maybe, they are the same resort and UY as yours)
2) yes. Transfered points can also be banked after the transfer, so you could also transfer 2018 points and bank them (but this would leave you with less flexibility in case of cancellation)

1. Do transferred points have home resort priority of the transferring member or the receiving member?
Transferred points retain their home resort and UY. If you receive a transfer of Grand Californian points, you can use them to book that resort 11 months out. As zavandor stated, you will have to call MS to make the reservation because you will not be able to see the transferred VGC points in your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter