Can I just say how much I love Jellyrolls?

TLinden16

Scotty and Ray at Jelly Rolls are the best!
I've been to Jellyrolls several times over the years, but this trip, it was my favorite thing. I went on Thursday night, and saw Ray/Scottie and Christian/Drew. I had planned to stay for an hour or so, and wound up staying for five hours! Christian and Drew were wonderful performers, but Scottie and Ray are my favorites. I just loved watching them--they seemed to be having so much fun up there. Scottie does a great "Rainbow Connection"--Very funny.

I didn't request many songs, but I was having such a great time watching Ray and Scottie that I put a couple of $10 tips on Scottie's piano. He came over and thanked me after the show. Wound up chatting with him for a couple of minutes.

I went back to Jellyrolls Friday night because the Ray/Scottie and Christian/Drew were performing again. I had loved Scottie's version of "Buttercup" the night before, so I put a big tip on his piano and asked him to play it for me. They had already played ths song before I got there, so Ray was like, "Should we play this song for her or give her her money back? This woman was here for our entire set last night." Then Scottie pipes in, "Karen requested the song. You're name's Karen, right?" So, I said yes. Ray says, "So, should we play the song for Karen even though we already did it, or should we give her her money back." I had put a twenty down, so Ray made a crack about it being enough money to buy three ponchos on the rainy night, and get change back. He asked again if they should play the song for me, and every cheered. So, Ray and Scottie dedicted "Buttercup" to me. It was pretty funny. I actually got recognized by someone at Epcot because of the whole conversation.

Anyways if you haven't checked out Jellyrolls, you should on your next trip. Try to catch Ray and Scottie. They are amazing!

Karen

Karen--
We went to Jellyrolls for the first time during our August trip...we will go back every time...we loved it! We sat right in the front...I also loved the rainbow connection and sweet caroline!
My DH and I are already compiling our list of "must-plays" for our October anniversary trip!!!!:)

Great write-up for Jellyrolls. Question.....just where is Jellyrolls? I think it might be on the Boardwalk but I couldn't find it listed on the menu page for the Boardwalk. Is this what is also called "dueling pianos"? Thanks.

That sounds like fun! We've never been to JellyRolls. Its amazing how many things there are to do at WDW!!! :) But I think we may check it out this upcoming trip since we are staying at BWV and have grandparents along for a parent night out.
Thanks for your report! :)

Originally posted by 2002Disneybride
Karen--
We went to Jellyrolls for the first time during our August trip...we will go back every time...we loved it! We sat right in the front...I also loved the rainbow connection and sweet caroline!
My DH and I are already compiling our list of "must-plays" for our October anniversary trip!!!!:)

If you go when Scottie and Ray are performing, make sure you get Scottie to do Buttercup--he does a great job on that and When I'm 64. And Ray does a great Big Yellow Taxi. Christian and Drew do a really good Love Shack.

Karen

Originally posted by c4241
Great write-up for Jellyrolls. Question.....just where is Jellyrolls? I think it might be on the Boardwalk but I couldn't find it listed on the menu page for the Boardwalk. Is this what is also called "dueling pianos"? Thanks.

Yes, Jellyrolls is on the Boardwalk. They don't serve food there (only drinks and popcorn). It's right across from the Atlantic Dance Hall.

Yes, it is dueling pianos. Two guys singing and playing the piano. It's awesome.

Karen

KAren-- do you think that they'd play our wedding song if I left a nice tip?? Not really a sing a long type song

KAren-- do you think that they'd play our wedding song if I left a nice tip?? Not really a sing a long type song

What's the song? I've never really seen them not do a song unless they don't know it (someone requested a Kenny Chesney song last night, and none of them knew it). If it's something that would be a slow thing, you may try to get there right at 8:00, and ask them to play it in the first hour--make sure to tell them it's your anniversary.

Karen

The song is You'll Be in My Heart from Tarzan...I love that song!
We have dinner PS at Yachtsman steakhouse and then we'll be going there

make sure to tell them it's your anniversary.
I will practice the tree song! We saw a girl do that on her birthday (green grass grows all around...) that was hysterical

The song is You'll Be in My Heart from Tarzan...I love that song!
We have dinner PS at Yachtsman steakhouse and then we'll be going there

That is a bit slow--but I can't imagine them not doing it if they knew it and they knew it was your anniversary. They try to keep the pace up in the later hours of the night.

Karen

;) I am so with you on Jellyrolls! I've gone twice with friends, each time planning on going in for "just a little while" and "just a drink or two" both of those times I closed the place at I think 2AM. (Way late for me these days) Just recently I brought my hubby (on my birthday), he loved it! He really got into the spirit of the place. Although this time I couldn't stay until the bitter end. My children were at the Sandcastle Club, so we had to cut out about 9:30 PM.
But we can't wait for next time!!!
Tammy

I know..maybe I'll ask for some thing else!!! in addition karen...
Thanks!
I'll be sure to post to let you know what happens...

Another Jellyrolls fan here...and yes Joe and I closed the place too!:p LOL!

Thanks for the write up Karen...sounds like you had a TERRICFIC time! :)

Did your kids enjoy the Sandcastle Club? What activities were there for them to do? I'm thinking of taking the kids there when we go to Jellyrolls. Also, do you have to be staying at BC to sign kids up for the club?

Terri

Does the new law in FL regarding smoking inside buildings apply to Jellyrolls? If not and there is smoking, is the ventilation system adequate?

tn4Mickey-

I was thinking of the same thing. I've heard that the cigar smoke was really bad inside. That is what has kept me from going all these years. I'm very sensitive to smoke, and can not be in the same room with it. I have always wanted to go to Jellyrolls, but haven't been able to due to the reports of the smoke being so thick.

I've never been there, but plan on it when DH and I arrive in a few weeks. I have a couple questions:

It is near which resort on the boardwalk?
Is it difficult to find a table/place to sit?

Thanks! ;)

Originally posted by tn4mickey
Does the new law in FL regarding smoking inside buildings apply to Jellyrolls? If not and there is smoking, is the ventilation system adequate?

Smoking is allowed in Jellyrolls, and they do sell cigars there. The smoke is noticable there, but not overpowering. I only noticed a cigar smell once. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, and it didn't bother me very much.

Karen

My mother and I are planning on going next Sunday night. :) We are leaving my son at Camp Dolphin (Dolphin's Kid Care) for the evening.

It is near which resort on the boardwalk?
I know from a previous stay in that area, that Jellyrolls is in front of the Boardwalk hotel at the end of the strip towards the Swan and Dolphin.

Here's a link to Disney's Boardwalk page. Just click the little View Map button to see a map of the Boardwalk area. :)
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/parksandmore/parkindex?id=PMDisneysBoardWalkPrk

Have fun!!
Cindy in NY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter