Can I just say how much I love Jellyrolls?

Originally posted by hucifer
I've never been there, but plan on it when DH and I arrive in a few weeks. I have a couple questions:

It is near which resort on the boardwalk?
Is it difficult to find a table/place to sit?

Thanks! ;)

It's part of the Boardwalk resort. It's on the far end of the resort (on the end opposite the ESPN Club). It's within walking distance of the Swan, Dolphin, and Yacht & Beach Club. It's also within walking distance from the International Gateway from Epcot.

Jellyrolls gets crowded around 9:00 or 9:30. The two nights I was there, it was never completely full, but it was pretty packed. If you want to plop down at a table for the night, I'd suggest getting there by 9:00. It also seems to clear out around midnight.

Karen

Karen, do people take kids in there at all? I've heard of jelly's for sometime but don't really want to put my DD-almost 10- in child care. Would just like to pop in for an hour to listen. Is it pretty PG13 or does it get R? We'd only go early 9-10 probably.

What's your opinion?

Thanks, Sharon

Another vote for Jellyrolls! We usually got with about 10 other friends!

We usually open the place and stay until it closes!!!! The place starts hopping after 11:00 p.m.

pinnie

Hightown,

You must be 21 to enter Jellyrolls. It is definately NOT a place for kids!!!!!

pinnie

Karen.. I do love it there too but the smoking really bothers me and then I end up sick from it, sore throat, etc..

I will tell you during the first Discon we traumatized the piano players... they were playing Sweet Caroline, and someone made up a refrain that was in good fun but still a bit harrassing.. of course we all sang it, they were good sports about it.. The next night, some people from our group went but not all of us and the piano players related the story of what happened the previous night during that song... It was in good fun and to this day I cannot hear Sweet Caroline without thinking of that night..

I recall, Marsha, LOL. :) I have been to JR's during both DIS-Cons, one night each. It is really a fun place. The piano guys seem like they know every song ever written and really do a super job with them, piano, singing and wonderful audience interaction. As for smoke, can't stand it, and both times did have to leave after a time, over-powered me, like Marsha said above. If you are there early in the evening, it takes some time for the smoke to build up.

You sure do leave with a smile and in a good mood though. :) Nice report, Karen.

Originally posted by c4241
Is there still a six dollar per person cover charge to enter Jellyrolls?

The cover charge is now $7 per person to enter. Worth every penny (and the $20 in tips I gave the guys each night).

Karen

Originally posted by Mackey Mouse
Karen.. I do love it there too but the smoking really bothers me and then I end up sick from it, sore throat, etc..

I will tell you during the first Discon we traumatized the piano players... they were playing Sweet Caroline, and someone made up a refrain that was in good fun but still a bit harrassing.. of course we all sang it, they were good sports about it.. The next night, some people from our group went but not all of us and the piano players related the story of what happened the previous night during that song... It was in good fun and to this day I cannot hear Sweet Caroline without thinking of that night..

One of the nights, some guy was celebrating his birthday, and one of the pianists made him sit on the piano, and sang a parody of "Always A Woman to Me" for him. It was really funny. I can't recall all the words, but part of it was, "I'll always remember when you dressed like a woman for me."

Karen

When we go to DW we always go to Jellyrolls. My sister comes over from the Clearwater area and we relive our childhood when we used to "howl at the moon" aka 'singing".

The smoke gets to me and I am not terribly sensitive to it as I have lived with a smoker for several decades. If we sit over near the bar at the barstools that face the stage it is not quite as bad but if the seats are slippery it takes a bit to stay atop them. Wish they served some food in there.

I could go without food and handle the smoke if Dan Murphy and his wife were there sharing the night with us though. LOL

Slightly Goofy/Linda

I agree about Ray and Scott...I actually have a picture of myself with Ray from my birthday "party" at Jellyrolls a couple years ago. And I also have a picture of "Scottie the Frog" from another trip. They're definitely 2 of my favorites. I've never seen the Christian/Drew combo...usually I see Tommy and Jason. Jason is another favorite b/c he does a great version of "Livin' on a Prayer" for us Jersey girls. In fact, one visit, with friends from home, I became known as Jersey. I wish my friends were willing to go more often...I definitely don't get there enough.

Originally posted by PammyK
I agree about Ray and Scott...I actually have a picture of myself with Ray from my birthday "party" at Jellyrolls a couple years ago. And I also have a picture of "Scottie the Frog" from another trip. They're definitely 2 of my favorites. I've never seen the Christian/Drew combo...usually I see Tommy and Jason. Jason is another favorite b/c he does a great version of "Livin' on a Prayer" for us Jersey girls. In fact, one visit, with friends from home, I became known as Jersey. I wish my friends were willing to go more often...I definitely don't get there enough.

I've seen Tommy and Jason on a previous trip. Tommy is a lot of fun. He seems a bit more laidback than the rest. I don't remember Jason very well, but I'm sure I enjoyed him because I've never not had a good time at Jellyrolls.

There is a Scott and a Scotty there. Scotty is the one who does the Kermit the Frog thing. I don't think I've ever seen the other Scott.

Christian and Drew were very good, but I just didn't love them as much as Scottie and Ray. Christian was a little bit too animated for me, and Drew seemed a bit bored--very lifeless at times. I would love to see Scotty and Christian working together someday, though. I bet they'd make a great team.

I think Scottie is probably my favorite out of all of the ones I've seen over the years. He just seems to be having such a great time onstage, and when he's smiling while he's singing, it's just so infectious.

Karen

I'm a huge fan of Jellyrolls too. We're trying to find a way to go one night during our vacation this Sep. My cousin and I went there last May and had a great night. They are all really great performers. When we were there, someone requested a song that I never thought I would see done at a dueling piano bar. I forget his name (it was the one with dark, medium-length hair), but he did a great job with the song (complete with a little dance and everything). The song was "Baby Got Back." That was worth the cover charge all by itself. If we can get there this Sep., it'll be my first request.

We're doin' Jellyrolls for the first time in October. I'm trying to get my friend psyched up for her first trip to WDW and am assembling a "book" of photos for the places we'll visit, etc.

But it's really hard to find Jelly's photos on the web. Anyone got any good web sites with pics of it???

I LOVE Jellyrolls !!!! Me and the DD's (sydally9367 & autochick) are famous for our escapades there during DisCon 2. We closed the place down every night during our trip.

No wonder we couldn't drag our hineys out of bed in the mornings.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter