• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Can I pay for my 9 yo as an adult?

MinnieGirl33

DIS Veteran
My DS9 is a very adventerous eater.

Can I pay the adult rate for him so he is allowed to eat from the adult menu?

This has been asked before and I think the general answer is no ... with some conflicting answers of course...par for the course on here!

The best thing you can do is ask when you book your trip.

WDWO

I did ask, and I did book it. They did however have to put her under the reservation as 10. They knew her real age, as we had it in the system for prior trips. It did mean that we had to pay for her tickets as an adult, and also for MNSSHP as an adult. So the amount paid is more than just the increase in DDP.

Calgary DISHeads said:
I did ask, and I did book it. They did however have to put her under the reservation as 10. They knew her real age, as we had it in the system for prior trips. It did mean that we had to pay for her tickets as an adult, and also for MNSSHP as an adult. So the amount paid is more than just the increase in DDP.

I did this for my 8 and 9 yo sons for our upcoming trip and although I gave their actual ages they do have to be listed as 10 on the ressie and I had to pay the adult price for their tickets. The only thing that I feel very uncomfortable about is that when we are questioned about ages at the TS restaurants as I'm sure we will be, I guess they must say they are 10??? I have never lied about my kids ages to get something for less and I certainly do not wnat to have to do it to get something I legitimately paid for.... ? Has anyone already done this and how did you handle it?

kcrew said:
I did this for my 8 and 9 yo sons for our upcoming trip and although I gave their actual ages they do have to be listed as 10 on the ressie and I had to pay the adult price for their tickets. The only thing that I feel very uncomfortable about is that when we are questioned about ages at the TS restaurants as I'm sure we will be, I guess they must say they are 10??? I have never lied about my kids ages to get something for less and I certainly do not wnat to have to do it to get something I legitimately paid for.... ? Has anyone already done this and how did you handle it?

If you get asked, you can give their real ages but that you booked them at the adult plan rate because they don't like regular kid's meals (or whatever your reason was.) The CM can look at your cards and see that they are listed as adults. I would hope that you wouldn't get that much grief especially since you'll be making your ADR's for 3 adults (if it's just you and your sons), but there's no telling with some CM's :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter