Can I suggest in memory of Bawb....

fourfoxesinpa

DIS Veteran
That sometime, perhaps during Bawb's memorial service, the DISboards go black in his honor? There are so many of us that can't make it and it would be a time of silence to honor our friend that we never had the privilege of meeting.

That actually sounds like a great idea. Bawb was an amazing guy and unfortunately most of us are scattered about the country and can't make it, that would be a great honor. I also have a suggestion: Possibly renaming the podcast forum the : DIS Unplugged Forum: In Memory of Bob Varley.

I think that's a great idea...

I really, REALLY wish there were some way DH & I could make it there this weekend, but it's just not possible for us right now...

A simple picture of Bob, or his favorite things would be nice.

Show his cart, the "Parks", a shuttle launch (from the far end of the lot). These are Bawb things.

While I think a number of things could be done we need to remember that Bob's friends - the Webmasters will be supporting the family.
There may not be anyone free to make these types of changes :goodvibes

What could be done to show our support if we can't actually be there for the memorial? I want to do something.

on another forum where we lost a high profile admin/mod the vast majority of members, changed their avatars to a memorial candle, which was a subtle, but poignant tribute to the loss for that person's family.

I have changed mine anyways for now, if it upsets the podcast team, bob's family or friends, please let me know and I shall change it back out of respect for their wishes without question.

Val
xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter