Can I Uber to Wilderness Lodge for lunch?

mamamelody2

DIS Veteran
So we haven't been to WDW for 1.5 years, not sure how things are being done right now. I know at least for a while, they wouldn't let Ubers in to deluxe resorts unless you had a restaurant reservation. We will be going to MNSSHP from while staying at Universal. Wondering if we can Uber to Wilderness Lodge for lunch. Will they let the Uber in? We would then take the boat to Magic Kingdom for the party.

Absolutely! The uber driver can tell security that you are there for a dining reservation.

Do you have a lunch ADR at WL? If so, then no problem at all! If you do not have a reservation, you MAY have an issue getting in, but YMMV on this. Even recently, security let me in via Uber when I told them I was there to eat at Geyser Point (which doesn't take reservations), but I know others have had different experiences. There's no guarantee without an ADR.

Wondering if we can Uber to Wilderness Lodge for lunch. Will they let the Uber in? We would then take the boat to Magic Kingdom for the party.
Yes and you don't even need an ADR at this point as the Covid-19 restrictions are now gone. You are just a drop off visit / eat at the resort and not trying to park.

Dave

Yes I should have been clear that I don't have an ADR. We want to eat at Geyser Point.
Hopefully we'll be okay!

Yes I should have been clear that I don't have an ADR. We want to eat at Geyser Point.
Hopefully we'll be okay!
Explain that to the guard. They should know there are no ADR for GP.
Though honestly, I never have understood why they'd ever care if a guest wanted to be dropped off to explore a resort for whatever reason. Maybe you want to see it so you can stay there sometime? If you want to go there to spend money, isn't that a good thing? You aren't parking, so guess I just don't know why it's a bad thing to let ride share in
I'm not sure how close you have to be to join the waitlist. You can try at least.
It's DH's favorite place to dine and we go often but we bus to MK and boat over instead of taking Uber.

Yes and you don't even need an ADR at this point as the Covid-19 restrictions are now gone. You are just a drop off visit / eat at the resort and not trying to park.

Dave

Not quite. The current official policy is, anyone may arrive at a WDW resort via WDW transportation, but you need to be a guest at that hotel or have an ADR to arrive at WDW hotels to park or arrive by rideshare. That is not a COVID restriction, but was put in place before the pandemic. It's strictly enforced at hotels with easy park access (monorail resorts, Epcot resorts, and Skyliner resorts), the rest, as noted above, are "your mileage may vary".

It really will depend, as long as you are okay with being turned away. There have been anecdotal reports of it going either way at FW, WL, AKL and other resorts who are only convient to themselves.

Though honestly, I never have understood why they'd ever care if a guest wanted to be dropped off to explore a resort for whatever reason. Maybe you want to see it so you can stay there sometime? If you want to go there to spend money, isn't that a good thing? You aren't parking, so guess I just don't know why it's a bad thing to let ride share in

It became a problem because internet popularized the idea of Ubering to a resort to use WDW transportation instead of going through the TTC or waiting in traffic at the parking lot entrances. The reason it is less enforced at some places is because a resort like the WL/FW isn't really any more convent than TTC.

Last edited:

Not quite. The current official policy is, anyone may arrive at a WDW resort via WDW transportation, but you need to be a guest at that hotel or have an ADR to arrive at WDW hotels to park or arrive by rideshare. That is not a COVID restriction, but was put in place before the pandemic. It's strictly enforced at hotels with easy park access (monorail resorts, Epcot resorts, and Skyliner resorts), the rest, as noted above, are "your mileage may vary".

It really will depend, as long as you are okay with being turned away. There have been anecdotal reports of it going either way at FW, WL, AKL and other resorts who are only convient to themselves.

It became a problem because internet popularized the idea of Ubering to a resort to use WDW transportation instead of going through the TTC or waiting in traffic at the parking lot entrances. The reason it is less enforced at some places is because a resort like the WL/FW isn't really any more convent than TTC.
And that’s a problem because? WDW transportation is open to anyone. No restrictions pertaining who can use it where

And that’s a problem because? WDW transportation is open to anyone. No restrictions pertaining who can use it where

They don’t want the resorts and resort transportation overrun with people just trying to get to the gate faster. All park rideshares are supposed to drop off at their designated spots for the parks. Yes, WDW transportation is open to all, but not all access points are. It’s not my rule, it’s Disney’s.

Plus, of course, they don’t want to give people a convenient way to get out of paying for parking.

They don’t want the resorts and resort transportation overrun with people just trying to get to the gate faster. All park rideshares are supposed to drop off at their designated spots for the parks. Yes, WDW transportation is open to all, but not all access points are. It’s not my rule, it’s Disney’s.

Plus, of course, they don’t want to give people a convenient way to get out of paying for parking.
I only know Disneys transportation information clearly states all Disney transportation is open to anyone. I never saw any * or exceptions. No access point limits as you call them. I understand why they don’t allow people to park at resorts. This is not to avoid parking. This is to go to a resort to a park Paying to park is cheaper than an Uber in most cases so that wouldn’t even be logical

So we haven't been to WDW for 1.5 years, not sure how things are being done right now. I know at least for a while, they wouldn't let Ubers in to deluxe resorts unless you had a restaurant reservation. We will be going to MNSSHP from while staying at Universal. Wondering if we can Uber to Wilderness Lodge for lunch. Will they let the Uber in? We would then take the boat to Magic Kingdom for the party.
Did you do this and if so, how did it go? Also hoping to do the same and get lunch at geyser point.

Did you do this and if so, how did it go? Also hoping to do the same and get lunch at geyser point.
I just did it over New Years weekend. We use ride share to get to resorts for exploring and dining. We have not had a single issue at any resort. We had lots of trips as passholders.

The security just asks generally checking in or dropping off. Then they let you through.

* for check in they confirm name

I just did it over New Years weekend. We use ride share to get to resorts for exploring and dining. We have not had a single issue at any resort. We had lots of trips as passholders.

The security just asks generally checking in or dropping off. Then they let you through.

* for check in they confirm name

Fantastic! Thank you very much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter