• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Can Someone Explain DC Stuff to ME?

DG-12

Mouseketeer
I have a question I know has been posted on these boards before- Do you get a DC discount on your DC Package? I searched these boards but there seem to be many different answers. I am seriously considering cancelling my DC package (They say I only get 20% off room- no package discount?) and buying AP's... We used the DC package last year and I could have sworn that we got about 20% off the ENTIRE package, not just the room. Does anyone know? I refuse to call DC again because every time I do I get a different answer and the last person I spoke with hung up on me (Oh so very Disney)

Dana

There are discounts available on packages, but only a limited number. You may not be able to get a discount, but they are available.

One of the features of booking packages through DC is that you get Disney Dollars at check-in. If you get the basic package that includes UPHs and one wish per person, you get $50. The next package up is $100 and the one after that $150, I believe, but I'm not certain about that.

What it boils down to is that you should book whichever way you can save the most money, remembering to factor in the Disney Dollars if you already have the DC membership. You may be able to save more money by taking advantage of a state discount or something.

You are correct, in the past the MKC discounts were on the entire package or limited to the passes included in the package if there were no room discounts left. This year, the discounts are limited strictly to the room. In lieu of discounts on the passes, the Disney Club offers the "complimentary" Disney Dollars with packages that include passes. The Basic Plan package does not include passes and you do not receive Disney Dollars with this package.

Good Luck with your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter