• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can someone please explain Delta Express changes?

Aisling

<font color=darkorchid>Where your mind goes, your
I've been reading on these boards a lot about Delta Express changing over to something else, I think going from the smaller 737s to the larger 757s. But what else is going on and how would it affect me?
I need 4 tickets from NYC to MCO for June 29-July 5. I've been watching the fares and they aren't low enough for me. I've been mostly checking out of LGA because that's where they have the larger 757s, which I like. Now should I expect the Delta Express 737s , which are out of JFK, to be changed to the bigger delta planes? And then I guess I should be checking out of JFK, too, but will the change be in effect by the time I go on vacation?
I guess what I'm asking is this: is this change of Delta's a good thing?
Will it lower fares?
Will there possibly be a promotional sale fare to welcome us to the new Delta?
I'm so lost with all this.

Delta Express is just a commuter plane company working for Delta Airlines. They'll have bigger planes and the name will change, but not much more after that.
The largest planes won't fly out of all airports.

To get the detailed scoop on what will happen in your area, contact Delta Airlines or your local airport...

Don't expect lower fares with these larger planes. Although the aircraft can hold more people, Delta is cutting the number of flights it offers. While there may be 8 flights** to Orlando each day now, there may only be 5** when the schedule shakes out. So even with larger aircraft there will be fewer seats available. That does not bode well for anyone seeking lower fares.

*Number of flights is ficticious and used as an example only

Originally posted by DDFan
Anyone know if the planes out of Logan have be swapped out ?

--
Alex

We are flying out of Logan a week from today on Delta Express and according to Delta.com that is still on a 737.

We booked our flight for Aug 30th this week and that is on a 757. The flight times have changed also. There are going to be fewer non-stop flights from Logan to MCO.

We paid $199 inc all taxes and fees round trip. This was for both trips. Usually if we can get around $200 we take it and then book the exit row seats.

I heard, and can't remember where, that the 757's will be in full use by spring. We're flying in Aug and our flights have been switched. One was actually canceled. I can't wait to see when we really fly. I'm sure they will be consolidating like crazy by this summer. Does anyone know by how much time they can change your flight times before you can get a refund? Does the same go if you have booked non-stop and they change it to a connecting flight? I hate the thought of stopping in Atlanta.

Check back at least once every two weeks on the internet and if a flight is cancelled, make a new choice as soon as you can. Only if they bring up the issue you should argue that they should give you your choice of replacment flights that are not sold out, regardless of capacity controls or fare buckets or quotas filled up, at no extra charge.

I think they will give you a refund just for the asking if you have a desired flight in mind but don't like any of the replacment flights they offer.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 World Inn (now Doubletree Club)
4/85 Kon-Tiki (now Econolodge Hawaiian)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 Port Orleans Riverside
9/97 All Star Music
11/98 ASMu & first premium annual pass
12/98 Knights Inn on 192
9/99 All Star Movies
12/00 All Star Sports & PAP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 Motel 6 & ASSp & PAP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned

Delta is moving more toward a " Jetblue" type of travel with it's Delta Express Group. They will have all 757 's one class of service, and rumor has it they will install TV in seat backs

For peple in NYC Delta Express will fly in/out of JFK only.

The Business Section of the Boston Globe had an article on this today. The new name is Song. It will start flying out of Boston May 31st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter