Can we do it on this amount?????

Pegg

Mouseketeer
Just my DD (9 year old) is going. Due to unforseen expeses we probably will not have the spending money we thought. If we can save more that will just be extra.

Not counting DD spending money, Can we do it on $50 a day for both?
It is either that or postpone the trip.

What do you all think?

Sure you can do it!! My 4 year old and I are taking a spur of the moment trip this September. It will be costing us a grand total of $800!! That includes everything - airfare, hotel, tickets and food. We'll be making a grocery stop with TTC and picking up breakfast items, plus good old pb & J and bread (my son lives on this stuff), some fruit, and bottled water. I'm figuring about $30 per day for both of us (a quick lunch or snack for me for mid-day - he'll eat sandwich, and then fast food supper for both of us). I didn't factor in any souvenier money - we just went as a family in May and will be going back as a family in February. This is just a special trip for the "baby of the family" and Mom :)

Kimberly

I say yes, I stay offsite for 33.00 a nite and catch the bus to wdw , im a solo traveler so meals and the like arn't that expensive for me, my tip about things you buy in wdw think about it a few days and if ya still want it buy it, i bought 2 sweat shirts last year and the christmas mickey and minnie , i say it sure can be done go for it.

I think it will be tight, but you *can* do it. We've stayed at hotels for $30-ish a night and dependin on what meals you eat in the park you can make it on $50 a day. Some pointers would be to buy either adult meals and split them (counter service) or find one of the places that serve pizza and get one to split. A pizza usually runs between $5.95 and $7.95 and can easily serve 2! Take in snacks in a backpack and your own water. You can always plan to eat meals either off=site or nuke something in your hotel room. Lots of them have microwaves in them now. Our first trip with the kids cost us a total of $310 and that was for a family of 4, hotel, admission, food, and gas to get there and back (we lived in NW Florida at the time) :earsgirl:

Is the $50 just spending money - for food, drinks, parking, treats?

If so, sure you can do it - but probably need to be staying in accoms that include at least a fridge and microwave, preferably full kitchen.

I am sorry I guess I should have gave more information.
We are staying at the all star music and Courtyard of marriot. The $50 would include just food and snacks for both. DD has her own spending money. Hotel, tickets and other things are already paid for.

If you make that grocery stop & pick up breakfast foods & juice boxes/soda... (or bring them with you) I think you will definitely be able to do it with the counter service restaurants!!!

Oh sure, $50 bucks a day for food and snacks for two! YUP, no problem! If your dd eats the kid meals and you have a meal (fast food, i.e. Pinocchio's or similar) NO PROBLEM! I would get some bagels and cereal for the room, bring your own snacks ALWAYS bring your own water to the parks and you will be all set! You will just have to worry about lunch, dinner and ice cream treats, lol!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

Yes, you can do it! On our trip last year, we spent that much for 3 people (2 adults and 1 child).

I think you can definately do it for $50 a day. Bring some b-fast foods and snacks with you. Eat your sit-down meal at lunch time(lunch prices are cheaper than dinner) and do counter service for dinner. Have fun!!!

If you'll have a car this will be really easy. Clip as many national chain coupons that you can find before your trip. Plan on just snacks in the parks and meals out. One year we did $50 a day for 3 people! We had breakfast in the room, brought snacks and water into the parks, and ate meals at places like KFC, Wendys, etc. We even had enough left over for a character meal.....have a great time!

I have to agree that $50 a day is fine. Our last two trips we usually didn't spend that for one adult and two kids. A lot of the meals can be split because they offer alot of food. We usually even fit a character meal in there because there are days when we don't use all our budget. We take breakfast and snacks. Sometimes when we came back to the room for an afternoon break we would eat a sandwich and then only bought one meal out. We ate pretty well and none of us felt deprived! ;)

Check out www.wdwig.com for the menus and you can see where you want to eat and how much it will cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter