"Can we please stay at AoA!"

Lilipad206

Spreading Magic one speck at a time
I've been wanting to stay at AoA for a while now and I have been trying to talk my family into staying here on our next vacation. I have tried pursuading them by showing them pictures but since they only have the standard rooms in the little mermaid area (furthest from animation hall and the pool) they are still second guessing. Do you have any suggestions to pursuade them? Thanks!

1) Unfortunately, I am with them.
2) After a day at the parks, that is one long walk to the room.
3) And, one major walk to get free mug refills.
4) Plus, Little Mermaid doesn't appeal to everyone.

I've been wanting to stay at AoA for a while now and I have been trying to talk my family into staying here on our next vacation. I have tried pursuading them by showing them pictures but since they only have the standard rooms in the little mermaid area (furthest from animation hall and the pool) they are still second guessing. Do you have any suggestions to pursuade them? Thanks!

I have a neuromuscular disease but am blessed to still be a 'shorter distance walker'. I am staying in the LM section of AoA this Autumn. I wouldn't miss a chance to stay in this wonderful new resort in its 'Grand Opening' year just because I'm being lazy! LOL It's going to possibly be the best themed resort to date and I can't imagine how fun it's going to be to walk through the LM courtyard and then the LK courtyard to get to Nemo's beautiful pool, the shops and the buses (I will definitely need a chair for the parks all day, though). We only need a single room and being on disability a suite is above our financial means anyway. All I can say is, "As long as there are guests who are afraid of walking to LM, I know that there will be room available in LM for me!" Seriously, for your sake, I hope you can get to stay there and make your dream come true; I'm sure you will really enjoy it and your family will survive staying there at least once for your sake, won't they? Good Luck. :thumbsup2

I have a neuromuscular disease but am blessed to still be a 'shorter distance walker'. I am staying in the LM section of AoA this Autumn. I wouldn't miss a chance to stay in this wonderful new resort in its 'Grand Opening' year just because I'm being lazy! LOL It's going to possibly be the best themed resort to date and I can't imagine how fun it's going to be to walk through the LM courtyard and then the LK courtyard to get to Nemo's beautiful pool, the shops and the buses (I will definitely need a chair for the parks all day, though). We only need a single room and being on disability a suite is above our financial means anyway. All I can say is, "As long as there are guests who are afraid of walking to LM, I know that there will be room available in LM for me!" Seriously, for your sake, I hope you can get to stay there and make your dream come true; I'm sure you will really enjoy it and your family will survive staying there at least once for your sake, won't they? Good Luck. :thumbsup2

Thank you! If I show them this they will be sure to stay here!

I assume they have parking near the LM rooms?
Maybe if you bring/rent a car that can be used for part of the trip they'll be more likely to want to stay there?

For another idea: You plan to stay there, and tell them they can either come, or stay home.

I assume they have parking near the LM rooms?
Maybe if you bring/rent a car that can be used for part of the trip they'll be more likely to want to stay there?

For another idea: You plan to stay there, and tell them they can either come, or stay home.

Thanks for the ideas!

To me, that would depend on who all "the family" is. If it is a spouse and all of the kids, maybe the OP needs to be the one to bend. If it is just the kids, well sure you can say "This is where I picked, end of discussion" but isn't a vacation supposed to be for everyone, not just one person? Why not sit down as a family and decide where to stay?

Honestly if the OP is the only one who wants to stay at AoA an no one else does, I think the OP needs to give in. Or maybe they could do a split stay, that way everyone is happy. Who knows, the OP could the hear how right they were to stay at AoA, which wouldn't be bad either!

But no, I would never say "We are staying here. Like it."

When I was a child my parents told us where we were going on vacation, because they were the parents. You know what? We always respected them and we had a good time on vacation, too.

When I was a child my parents told us where we were going on vacation, because they were the parents. You know what? We always respected them and we had a good time on vacation, too.

:thumbsup2 I value my childrens input but bottom line DH and I make the final descion. When I am old and they take me they can choose :rotfl:

The farthest away room from POP 80's building to main building and farthest away LM room to Main building is a difference of about 200 feet. Come on people. You just walked MILES at the park, what is 200 more feet???

I would never miss a chance to stay in a BRAND NEW resort because of a few feet.

I love it that I am the boss and my children listens to me. They just go with the flow.. However, now that they are bigger (teenagers) I will take their suggestions into consideration. I want everyone to have a good time and enjoy the resort. Of course, I'm still the boss.. but I'm usually flexible, so I would probably do a split.. which is not new to us. Good luck with the decisions you and your family make. I hope everyone will be happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter