Can you buy into "sold out" resorts?

Eeyoreloverforever

Mouseketeer
When we bought we bought at Saratogo Springs as that was the resort we did the tour of. I would like to experience the other resorts and then maybe do an add on at one.

If you do an add on, are the points just added on to your home resort or can they be for another resort. And if so can they be for one of the "sold out" resorts?

I had no idea that being a DVC member would be so confusing. I swear I can think of a new question to ask everyday!

And now with this new AKV I am even more perplexed. We are thinking of buying in, but I would only want a Savanah view and we are conserned about the developer points. Our next trip isn't until December and from what the rumor mill is saying the points have to be used before then. If the trip is booked before the deadline is up, but not taken does that count as the points being used in time?

Thank you so much for your help

When we bought we bought at Saratogo Springs as that was the resort we did the tour of. I would like to experience the other resorts and then maybe do an add on at one.

If you do an add on, are the points just added on to your home resort or can they be for another resort. And if so can they be for one of the "sold out" resorts?

I had no idea that being a DVC member would be so confusing. I swear I can think of a new question to ask everyday!

And now with this new AKV I am even more perplexed. We are thinking of buying in, but I would only want a Savanah view and we are conserned about the developer points. Our next trip isn't until December and from what the rumor mill is saying the points have to be used before then. If the trip is booked before the deadline is up, but not taken does that count as the points being used in time?

Thank you so much for your help

If you want to do an add-on at a sold out resort, you can go on a waiting list with your guide. You have to be very specific, though - remember they are actively trying to sell you the inventory that is currently offered. But there are points available at all of the sold out resorts if you are willing to wait for them. They will not be added to your home resort. They will become another home resort for you. You can only make reservations 11 months in advance with the points you own at one resort - no combining them. At 7 months, however, you can combine all of your points regardless of home resort.

Please don't make yourself crazy wondering about Animal Kingdom - nothing has been officially announced yet, so all you're doing is speculating about something and driving yourself crazy in the process. Just wait until it is announced and then you'll have a better idea of what you might get and how they can be used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter