Can you celebrate your anniversary not on your anniversary date?

We do it all the time! DH is a pilot and there is NO WAY he will ever get vacation time at the end of June, when our anniversary is... Actually it is amazing he ever got the time off so we could elope! Our yearly vacation (whether to Disney or somewhere else) is our big anniversary gift to each other... So we celebrate whenever he is able to secure vacation time. Sometimes it falls on the anniversary of our honeymoon which is nice, but not always. I've even explained this to CMs when booking and they don't mind at all! I don't feel like I'm lying at all because it IS when we're celebrating. In the airline industry we are always celebrating things at off times..so you get to this point where you know that any celebration is about the people you're with and the love you have for them.... NOT about a date on a calendar.

My anniversary is June 21st, but DH & I can't go to DLR or WDW because of scheduling conflicts at work, so we go when we can. We always get our anniversary pins at City Hall and proudly wear them with no problems. Enjoy your anniversary!:yay:

When I asked a CM about wearing a birthday button when celebrating my birthday, even though it was not my actual birthday, I got this response:
"As long as you are celebrating within 6 months before or 6 months after your birthday." That goes for other celebrations as well!

Absolutely! I think Disney World is such a big trip to take that it encompasses everything you're celebrating that year! (At least that's how I view it, since I can't visit as much as I would like!)

We have often gone in March and used that as our February 20th Anniversary celebration. This year we are actually celebrating our 25th at DW and not going until May 27th, but the DW cast members will be as pleasant as ever and treat us like it our special day...everyday. DW is truly the happiest place on Earth to celebrate special occasions8:)

I def think its acceptable, not weird, and not the same as saying it's your birthday at a restaurant. Disney knows you can't take trips for every celebration and often delay to fit your schedule. DH and I got married in march, and did WDW/cruise in sept and it was perfectly fine. Disney is all about celebration!

We usually go in September & since our anniversary is in August we celebrate with our Disney trip. When making reservations at a Disney restaurant they ask what you are celebrating & the actual date. They have never said anything about our date. This September we will be celebrating number 47!

My DH hates to wear the anniversary button,but I proudly wear mine.

DH and I have our 5 year anniversary this May! Yay!* DH wants to take a mini-trip somewhere like a zoo (we love animals) or just away for the weekend type of thing. However we are hoping to go to Disney in December and I would rather save money to put towards our Disney trip.*

I thought we could even celebrate our anniversary while we are there!* Putting Anniversary if they ask if we are celebrating anything in dinner reservations and room reservations.

However its not our actual anniversary date...I guess I feel like I'm 'lying' or wrong somehow.**

Has anyone else celebrated an anniversary or birthday on not the actual date?*

Thanks in advance :)

Okay, so I know you're talking about celebrating Disney style, but I have a story and a warning. DH and I celebrated our 9th anniversary 10 days after our actual anniversary due to childcare issues. Well, long story short... I have a ticker now, but it ain't got a thing to do with Disney. :eek:

All I'm saying is be careful how you celebrate those anniversaries. :rolleyes1

Okay, so I know you're talking about celebrating Disney style, but I have a story and a warning. DH and I celebrated our 9th anniversary 10 days after our actual anniversary due to childcare issues. Well, long story short... I have a ticker now, but it ain't got a thing to do with Disney. :eek:

All I'm saying is be careful how you celebrate those anniversaries. :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

In answer to the original poster: We are getting married in July and not going to Disney for our honeymoon until November. Don't feel bad at all. Lots of people can't celebrate things on the actual date. :thumbsup2

DH and I have our 5 year anniversary this May! Yay!* DH wants to take a mini-trip somewhere like a zoo (we love animals) or just away for the weekend type of thing. However we are hoping to go to Disney in December and I would rather save money to put towards our Disney trip.*

I thought we could even celebrate our anniversary while we are there!* Putting Anniversary if they ask if we are celebrating anything in dinner reservations and room reservations.

However its not our actual anniversary date...I guess I feel like I'm 'lying' or wrong somehow.**

Has anyone else celebrated an anniversary or birthday on not the actual date?*

Thanks in advance :)

We celebrate our anniversary everytime we go to Disney. Just our thing.pixiedust:

We went to disney world for our honeymoon and and have celebrated our anniversary every year at walt disney world

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter