• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you downgrade from adult ticket to child ticket?

lindaso

DIS Veteran
With the $50 gift card promo, it seems to make more sense to buy an adult pass instead of a child pass. My question is...once we're at the park, can we downgrade the adult ticket to the child ticket and receive the difference in price back in cash? If not, can a child use an adult ticket? My DD is 4 so there is no way she'd pass for 10. Also, I'm assuming I can use my DC discount for ticket purchases at TDS...am I right?

Thanks.

No you cannot downgrade, yes, you can use an adult pass for a child. Yes, you can use the DC card at the DS for ticket purchases, you receive approx. 5% off a ticket.
I believe this promo is only for FL and IL.

Thanks Gail...my aunt is a Century Villager down in Florida and I'm sending her to the mall!! According to my crude calculations, it will save us $10.78 to buy DD an adult pass with the promotion (assuming we can trade them for Disney Dollars).

I emailed Disney today asking this very question and the answer I got was the following:
>>>>
"Dear Christine,

If you take the pass to the Guest Relations Window located near the
entrance to any of the Theme Parks they will be able to assist you in
exchanging the adult pass to a child's pass. If you have any other
questions or concerns please contact our Guest Communications Center at
407-827-4166.

Thank You,

Chris Gravel
Walt Disney World Ticket Inquiries
407-827-4166

>>>>

Of course I didn't tell him that the adult pass was from the promo, but from this, I think there shouldn't be any problem. I'm going to make sure to keep this email though for future reference.

HTH!

Christine

Hi,
Be aware that Disney will not refund the difference in any ticket media in cash, credit card, or Disney Dollars.

I'm not positive this will work, but it seems likely: since Disney won't refund on the adult ticket, you might try buying the shortest length adult pass that qualifies for the gift card (for instance, if available, a 4-day Adult Hopper, costing a bit over $203). Then apply that pass to a longer-length child's pass (perhaps a 5-Day Child Hopper Plus, costing a bit over $208). I'd be surprised if they didn't allow this at Guest Services.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Emilysmome,

Can you tell me how you first emailed Disney on this question? I've been trying to ask if I can upgrade an ADULT 5-Day hopper to a CHILD's Annual Pass. The lady I've been corresponding with essentially refuses to answer the question - she just tells me that I have to go to the guest relations window to find out - She said that passes in general can be upgraded but "certain variables" may influence whether they can be upgraded. They won't tell me what the variables are, or provide any other specific info. I was wondering if you had written to a different dept that might have better answers.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter