Can you drive to BOMA?

shellybaxter

Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre
DH and I are planning on driving to Haines City to visit some friends one of the Saturdays we are at WDW. I've made a breakfast reservation for BOMA. Can we drive to BOMA? I seem to remember some rules about who can drive in. Like you can of course drive into the AKL to stay there, but not just to visit?

Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about?

Thanks,
Shelly

When AKL first opened I did read that access was limited to those staying there. I don't know how long it lasted if that was ever true. Sometime within the first year of its opening we dined at Jiko with no problem.

Just have your PS# with you. When you approach the security booth that should make it easier.

We went there last week for dinner. We stopped at the gate and told them we had PS for dinner. They asked to see some type of ID so DH showed his driver's license. Then they gave us a parking pass that was valid for 3 hours.

Sandra

A lot depends on how crowded that resort is. Often when we go to eat at Jiko and/or Boma, we just let the guard know we're there for dinner and he just waves us in. Other times we're asked for a driver ID--can't recall ever being asked for our PS #, but I always have it just in case.
At any rate--the short answer is "Yes-you can drive to Boma"

It seems at some resorts they will wave you in if you say you have a PS, sometimes when you say you have a PS they check their copy of the PS there at the guard shack. I have never had them ask for a PS number, only our name.:earsboy:

I was there the 2nd week of November, no PS but I did drive there and ask if I could go in to see if the tree was up, it was a girl guard, she said sure, just let her know when we go out if it was up. I also did that at GF and WL, I had no problems. If you have PS just tell them at the gate, you'll be directed to go to the parking lot. have a great time

The guard has access to all your PS reservation info, and provides a parking pass for self-parking. We use the valet most often.

Thank you all for your assistance and first hand reports. I appreciate the help.

Shelly

PS - Glad I wasn't crazy and there was a time that driving up was only for those staying at the lodge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter