Can you identify this Disney attraction?

BluOrchid2

<font color=deeppink>Princess Aurora's Mommy<br><f
i-1.JPG

That also looks like 20,000 leagues under the sea to me as well :)

20,000 leagues...otherwise known as Ariel's Grotto! I don't know why they don't utilize the complete area and add an attraction!

Thanks for the help. No wonder I didn't recognize it, if it's an attraction that's no longer there. It looked to me like something from the PC game, "Myst". LOL

I got to ride this on our first trip to WDW which turned out to be 20,000 Leagues last year of operation.:(

Through the round portal there you could see the "Captain" ( a CM) piloting the submarine.

It's a shame it's gone ,it was kinda corny but a unique ride.

When you leave Ariels Grotto, if you look down in the water, you can see some of the track where this once was. I think that they could put an Atlantis ride here.

Yes, that was one of the original rides in Fantasyland, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I rode it as a child and it really wasn't my cup of tea. The last time I rode it was in 1993, right before they closed it.

It was an extremely slow loading ride and the lines would be outrageous--- so there was always a huge line soon after opening, even at slow times. Also it has been said that there was no way to adapt it to fit the Americans With Disabilities Act, which would allow handicapped access.

It is a shame that they have never done more with that area than have it as a character greeting spot. The waterway is connected to other waterways in the MK, so for that reason, the water must remain. I hope that one day they will find an attraction that would adapt nicely to the waterway, as well as meet the criteria required to make it handicap accessible

We planned to ride it in Oct 1997 on our first trip. We had read about it in the '97 Unofficial Guide (look it up, its in there...).

When we couldn't find it, we asked a nearby CM where the entrance was. She said, "Oh, that closed down. Three years ago."

!!!!! :eek:

Unofficial's editing has gotten better in recent years, however. :)

I rode it in 1991 .Visited WDW every year twice a year or more since and don't remember it running except for my 1991 trip....hmmmmmm?!?!?

That's WILD that it was listed in a 1997 guide!!!:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter