• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you look at my ADR's please?

HeidiLowe

Mouseketeer
Hi!

This is one of my rough drafts, revised no less than 37 times and we're not going until January 2011!! Yes, I have a problem, lol!! It will be me, my dh and our two sons, who will be almost 4 and 5 1/2. We will be staying at the CR and we are a family of foodies, even the boys, they are very adventerous eaters.

The times aren't exact as it will depend on if we're trying to hit or miss EMH's and where we are headed for the day, and the days are not yet in any order. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Arrival day – mid afternoon: unpack & organize, explore & swim/arcade. Dinner at California Grill to watch Wishes fireworks show, if offered that evening, otherwise Chef Mickey's (CG = 2 dining credits)

Magic Kingdom Day:
Breakfast @ Chef Mickey’s – 8’ish
Light lunch
Dinner @ Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits)

Hollywood Studios Day:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ Play & Dine @ Hollywood & Vine - 11’ish
Dinner @ Biergarten in Epcot – 7’ish

Epcot in a.m., Downtown Disney in p.m.:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ Akershus – 11’ish
Dinner @ Raglan Road, Downtown Disney – 6’ish

Rest Day – Swim, arcade, movies, etc…:
Breakfast @ The Wave – 9’ish
Light lunch
Dinner @ Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits)

Epcot in a.m.:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ The Garden Grill, Epcot – 11’ish
Dinner @ Le Cellier – 6’ish

Animal Kingdom in a.m., “Kids Night Out” in p.m. (5pm to 11pm):
Donald’s Safari breakfast, Tusker House in Animal Kingdom – 9’ish
Light lunch
Mike & Heidi dinner at Yachtsman @ the Yacht Club Resort – 7’ish (2 dining credits)

Magic Kingdom day:
Breakfast @ The Crystal Palace – 9’ish
Light lunch
_________________ for dinner, 6’ish

Extra Day:
Breakfast –
Lunch –
Dinner – Fulton’s Crab House in Downtown Disney, 6’ish, Downtown
Disney

Departure Day – Chef Mickey’s for breakfast, pack, airport, home

Looks good to me.

Just checking that you know that there aren't characters at the Garden Grill for lunch, they are only there for dinner.

Another fun dinner is HDDR-looks like you don't need another dinner

Hi!

This is one of my rough drafts, revised no less than 37 times and we're not going until January 2011!! Yes, I have a problem, lol!! It will be me, my dh and our two sons, who will be almost 4 and 5 1/2. We will be staying at the CR and we are a family of foodies, even the boys, they are very adventerous eaters.

The times aren't exact as it will depend on if we're trying to hit or miss EMH's and where we are headed for the day, and the days are not yet in any order. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Arrival day – mid afternoon: unpack & organize, explore & swim/arcade. Dinner at California Grill to watch Wishes fireworks show, if offered that evening, otherwise Chef Mickey's (CG = 2 dining credits)

Magic Kingdom Day:
Breakfast @ Chef Mickey’s – 8’ishPrefer breakfast over lunch; love the Fab Five
Light lunch
Dinner @ Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits)never done

Hollywood Studios Day:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ Play & Dine @ Hollywood & Vine - 11’ishdid dinner twice, won't go back (but the kids will probably like the characters)
Dinner @ Biergarten in Epcot – 7’isha favorite

Light breakfast
Lunch @ Akershus – 11’ishweren't particularly fond of the food
Dinner @ Raglan Road, Downtown Disney – 6’ishnever done

Breakfast @ The Wave – 9’ishon our list for future trip
Light lunch
Dinner @ Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits)never done

Epcot in a.m.:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ The Garden Grill, Epcot – 11’ishhaven't done in over ten years so no comment
Dinner @ Le Cellier – 6’ish a must do for us almost every trip (we are skipping this year since we've been there four years in a row and trying something else

Donald’s Safari breakfast, Tusker House in Animal Kingdom – 9’ishnever done
Light lunch
Mike & Heidi dinner at Yachtsman @ the Yacht Club Resort – 7’ish (2 dining credits)never done

Magic Kingdom day:
Breakfast @ The Crystal Palace – 9’ishaa must do every trip (try to get the 8:05 adr and you'll have main street to yourself
Light lunch

Extra Day:
Breakfast –
Lunch –
DisneyAn all time sentimental favorite of ours; we were there the past two Septembers and it was terrific

Our comments are in red. I can't comment on the signatures as we don't do signature restaurants at Disney.

Arrival day – mid afternoon: unpack & organize, explore & swim/arcade. Dinner at California Grill (1,2) to watch Wishes fireworks show, if offered that evening, otherwise Chef Mickey's (CG = 2 dining credits)

Magic Kingdom Day:
Breakfast @ Chef Mickey’s – 8’ish (3)
Light lunch
Dinner @ Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits) (4,5)

Hollywood Studios Day:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ Play & Dine @ Hollywood & Vine - 11’ish (6)
Dinner @ Biergarten in Epcot – 7’ish (7)

Light breakfast
Lunch @ Akershus – 11’ish (8)
Dinner @ Raglan Road, Downtown Disney – 6’ish (9)

Breakfast @ The Wave – 9’ish (10)
Light lunch
Dinner @ Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits) (11,12)

Epcot in a.m.:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ The Garden Grill, Epcot – 11’ish (13)
Dinner @ Le Cellier – 6’ish (14)

Donald’s Safari breakfast, Tusker House in Animal Kingdom – 9’ish (15)
Light lunch
Mike & Heidi dinner at Yachtsman @ the Yacht Club Resort – 7’ish (2 dining credits) (16,17)

Magic Kingdom day:
Breakfast @ The Crystal Palace – 9’ish (18)
Light lunch
_________________ for dinner, 6’ish (19)

Extra Day:
Breakfast –
Lunch –
Disney

With these ADRs, you have 19 TS credits listed and 7 "light" meals listed, which I assume is QS meals. For 8 nights on DXDP you get 24 credits, and you get 26 with your plan, not counting the extra day or Chef Mickey's on departure day. Also, Fulton's was not on the Dining plan this year (you have 2 credits written by others). Unless your extra day is that a seperate reservation, the you would not have to get DP for that day but would pay OOP? With DXDP, you get 2 snacks a day as well that you could combine at eat for lunch. Unless you are not on DP at all for the whole thing and just paying OOP, then no worries.

My only comment would be with the travel. We don't do hoppers and when we stay at the resort, we try not to travel on that day and will eat at the restaurant there or the next closest one. We enjoy the dining experiences as well, so your ADRs look great. Have fun!

Shoot! Thanks squirrel, I didn't know the characters weren't there for lunch. And I don't want to use that restaurant up on one of our dinners. I actually had San Angel Inn that day for lunch but changed it to a character meal. Dang it! Off to look at another place!

And I don't really *want* to do Akershus, but I REALLY don't want to do CRT, but I would like the boys to have one princess meal because they do like them too. Hopefully it won't be too horrible, lol!!!!

Thanks so much for the input! Off to change a few things......

KatMark, why don't you do signature restaurants? That's the part I'm most excited about! Do you feel it's not worth the $$. Do you do the DDP? Just being nosey.

Thanks AirGoofy! I actually hadn't even counted them all up yet! We'll be on the DlxDDP, sorry I forgot to mention that in my original post. Back to do a little rearranging. Oh, and for the light lunch/breakfast I did mean we would be using CS credits or possible snack credits for muffins or heartier food.

I forgot that Fulton's wasn't on the DDP, I hope it is next year! It was listed under the "signature" restaurants so I figured it was, but I guess it was just listed as being a fancier place. Fingers crossed for next year!! Don't think we would pay OOP for that one, but I would use 2 dining credits for it.

Ooh ooh, my turn! :p
Hi!

Magic Kingdom Day:
Breakfast @ Chef Mickey’s – 8’ish - Did this breakfast last Sept, was solid. Food was alright, interaction was good.
Light lunch
Dinner @ Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits) - Doing this this Sept, looks good and reviews have (mostly) been good

Hollywood Studios Day:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ Play & Dine @ Hollywood & Vine - 11’ish - Another one done last Sept. Food was alright, but the characters were good. 2 y/o really enjoyed it, I wasn't overly impressed with the food though. (Not horrible, but not great either)
Dinner @ Biergarten in Epcot – 7’ish

Light breakfast
Lunch @ Akershus – 11’ish
Dinner @ Raglan Road, Downtown Disney – 6’ish

Breakfast @ The Wave – 9’ish
Light lunch
Dinner @ Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits) - Another "Will be doing" this next trip. Looks very good

Epcot in a.m.:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ The Garden Grill, Epcot – 11’ish - Doesn't serve lunch at all. Will need to replace here (which, looks like you want to do as there's no characters, but there's no meal either!)
Dinner @ Le Cellier – 6’ish - Always a solid choice. Will certainly want to put it at the top of the "Queue" when you're booking. May want to keep an eye out on the News and Rumors board about it though.

Donald’s Safari breakfast, Tusker House in Animal Kingdom – 9’ish - Doing this in Sept with my mom. Looking forward to it.
Light lunch
Mike & Heidi dinner at Yachtsman @ the Yacht Club Resort – 7’ish (2 dining credits) - Also doing this in Sept (can you tell the next trip is DxDDP as well :p)

Magic Kingdom day:
Breakfast @ The Crystal Palace – 9’ish
Light lunch

Extra Day:
Breakfast –
Lunch –
Disney

As I mentioned above, beyond the "No characters" thing for GG, they don't even serve lunch anymore (as of some time last year if I remember correctly). Everything else looks to be quite good :)

KatMark, why don't you do signature restaurants? That's the part I'm most excited about! Do you feel it's not worth the $$. Do you do the DDP? Just being nosey.

We did one seven years ago -- Brown Derby -- and we were not impressed at all. From people we've talked to here on the DIS and friends who have done the signature restaurants, they take a longer amount of time and we'd rather spend that time in the parks or something else. Plus, we have such fine dining establishments in Chicago, that we would rather do our "signature" dining here.

Hi!

Magic Kingdom Day:
Breakfast @ Chef Mickey’s – 8’ish Haven't been for breakfast - only dinner (we won't be going back for dinner again)
Light lunch
Dinner @ Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits) Never been.

Hollywood Studios Day:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ Play & Dine @ Hollywood & Vine - 11’ish Food is 'meh' at best - typical breakfast buffet stuff. Characters are fun.
Dinner @ Biergarten in Epcot – 7’ish We enjoy it here.

Light breakfast
Lunch @ Akershus – 11’ish We had dinner and DH and I didn't enjoy the food - kids did fine..they have a nice kids menu. The princess interaction was great.
Dinner @ Raglan Road, Downtown Disney – 6’ish Never been - Our kids always request TRex. It is overpriced, not on the dining plan, but if your kids are into Dinosaurs it is an amazing place in terms of atmosphere.

Breakfast @ The Wave – 9’ish Never been.
Light lunch
Dinner @ Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 6’ish (2 dining credits) Never been.

Epcot in a.m.:
Light breakfast
Lunch @ The Garden Grill, Epcot – 11’ish We didn't enjoy this meal. The food was 'meh'.
Dinner @ Le Cellier – 6’ish LOVE it.

Donald’s Safari breakfast, Tusker House in Animal Kingdom – 9’ish LOVE it - our favorite character meal in the World.
Light lunch
Mike & Heidi dinner at Yachtsman @ the Yacht Club Resort – 7’ish (2 dining credits) Never been/
Magic Kingdom day:
Breakfast @ The Crystal Palace – 9’ish We love it. Try and get an early ADR (8:05am) .
Light lunch

Extra Day:
Breakfast –
Lunch –
Disney

Like KatMark, we do not do any signature dining. Our kids are 6 & 8 and the Deluxe Dining holds no appeal to us...Our kids would much rather be in the parks than in rest. so any signature dining experience would be lost on them. :)

I forgot that Fulton's wasn't on the DDP, I hope it is next year! It was listed under the "signature" restaurants so I figured it was, but I guess it was just listed as being a fancier place. Fingers crossed for next year!! Don't think we would pay OOP for that one, but I would use 2 dining credits for it.

We paid for Fulton's OOP in the past and the food and service was excellent. But, if you are paying the DXDP, then I would account for all the meals and would not do an OOP. We are trying the DXDP this year as well and we planned a late character breakfast (10:00) each day and a signature or dinner show each night - Hoop de do Review, CRT, Jiko - with a single TS meal the day we arrive and Character breakfast the morning we are leaving. Our plan is to use our snack credits if we get hungry between those meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter