Can you take mattress off sleeper chair at AKV or little bed at GFV?

pouncingpluto

DIS Veteran
We have a split stay at AKV and GFV coming up, and we aren't sure about having our DD2 out in the living room/kitchen area by herself. Do the mattresses come off the sleeper chair and little entertainment center bed? Or are they attached somehow?

Not sure about GFV haven't stayed there yet, but I can tell you that the mattress on the chair and sofa for that matter at AKV is attached and there is no way to remove it from. The cushions might also be attached depending on style of pull out so that's not even an option either. If you're worried, buy a toddler ready bed. They are pretty small, not too expensive and would be easy to bring along.

Thanks... We do have a little aerobed for her and will probably take it. We are on Southwest, so we don't have to worry as much about minimizing luggage.

Would she sleep in the pack and play? When my DGD was almost 3, she slept in one at BCV.

We totally talk up the pack n play as a princess hobbit mansion! We had a peapod travel bed we used when she was an infant/toddler but she has outgrown it. We referred to it as a hobbit house. When I sat up the pack n play last time she balked initially and called it a crib. I was really enthusiastic about it being a princess thing and made it up as a bed. It worked! She loved it!

Well, she's 38.5 inches tall (standing, so a little taller lying). Good for Kali River Rapids, but not for Soarin, etc. Shell be 2 and 10 months on our December trip.

Our last experience with a PNP was about 3 1/2 months ago, and she was climbing out of it onto her head. We decided that was it for her and PnPs. She seemed to be close to too long for it, anyway, and we got rid of it when we moved. So no idea how she would fit or react to it now.

Thanks... We do have a little aerobed for her and will probably take it. We are on Southwest, so we don't have to worry as much about minimizing luggage.

Not yet, their CEO hinted last week that that may be changing. They also announced that they are moving the set rows 1 inch closer to fit in another seat row. :sad2:

:earsboy: Bill

Or one parent can sleep with the kiddo in the king bed and the other sleep on the sleeper sofa. We did that a few times when our son was little and didn't want to sleep in the living room.

Or one parent can sleep with the kiddo in the king bed and the other sleep on the sleeper sofa. We did that a few times when our son was little and didn't want to sleep in the living room.

That is definitely the other option we are considering. DD in the big bed with me and DH on the couch. Thanks! This is our first trip since DD transitioned out of a crib.

What kind of sleeper is DD? We had no problem sharing a king size bed with either DD but our DS was too wild - OMG.

What kind of sleeper is DD? We had no problem sharing a king size bed with either DD but our DS was too wild - OMG.

She's fine once she does fall asleep, but she takes forever to do that and is wild and crazy during that time. Like I truly fear injury to my face when I've shared a hotel bed with her. She has no sense yet of why we need to be gentle with other living things.

You can request bed rails for the king bed to keep DD from falling. I have seen posted that the rails don't work well on the sofa bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter