Can you tell me about HH in Nov or Dec?

LadyTrampScamp&Angel

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I'm not a DVC member (yet) but got a promotional postcard in the mail and we're considering visiting HH in Nov or Dec. I'd have a 16 month old and a 5 year old. Would there still be activities for families and kids in the off season?

Could you tell me what to expect, what the weather would be like and all?

Thanks very much.

We went the first weekend in December last year. We were told it was unseasonably cold. We wore jackets the first day and were comfortable, but by Sunday it was quite cool.

There were people still using the pools. There were still activities for the kids. Our 5 year old really enjoyed the Dolphin encounter. The beach house was open to some extent, but not "up and running." The beach was very quiet. We really enjoyed walking up and down the beach while Matthew looked for shells.

Hope this helps

Average temps range from low 40's to low 60's for Dec. Temps are noticeably nicer in Nov.

The ocean ranges from mid 60's to mid 50's during those months, so ocean swimming is only for the very hardy. The resort pools are heated and can be a lot of fun with a nice day.

The resort has a full slate of activities and there are lots of dining and shopping options available on the island itself. There are several interesting historical areas to visit, as well as galleries. The weather is usually OK for golfing and tennis year round.

It all depends on what your expectations/needs are, as Hilton Head has something for everyone- except a Disney Theme park.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter