Canadian HELP!

J

JenniferW

I am going to Vancouver next month and I was thinking that Disneyworld tickets would be cheaper since it mentioned it on Mousesavers. If I went to the Vancouver Disney Store would I be able to buy hopper passes cheaper than the US? Are they the exact same tickets and are they only for Canadians? I was looking to get 4 7 day passes so it might be worth my while. Who knows maybe it will help set off the cost of my Canada trip : )

Thanks!
Jenn

For $1.00 US to costs us Canadians about $1.56 (more or less) BUT Canadian Disney Stores account for that and adjust the price of tickets accordingly. The Disney Store in Mississauga, Ontario, near my house only has 5 and 7 day hopper plus tickets. We do get a discount in late winter/early spring of buy one ticket and get the companion ticket half price. We bought that deal in April 2001. It cost $1017.00 Canadian Funds for hubby, me, 7 yo daughter (my baby was free). That's about $653.00 US. BUT these ticket EXPIRED early May 2001. The discount is great, but only for a short time. Hope this helps.

Hi. The last time I talked to the Disney Store in Vancouver (about a month or so ago) the cost of a WDW 5 day hopper plus was $379.67 CDN and with a DC discount, $361.22 CDN. That compares with the current cost in the US of $261.84 US ($249.12 for DC) which at today's rates works out to $399.40 CDN (or $380 DC). I guess it means that it would probably be cheaper to buy them up here in Canada! Sorry I don't have the 7-day hopper rates but I'm sure they're comparable.

Pass prices are adjusted to account for the exchange difference (not on a daily basis, just with periodical price changes). I believe the "savings" you end up with are in the taxes. We aren't subject to the US taxes. Any $$ saved is a bonus! So, if they have the pass you're looking for, GREAT!
CAUTION: the "special offer" tickets that come out for use, companion ticket 1/2 price, are for CANADIANS only, perhaps comparable to FL residents. While it doesn't say CANADIANS only on the ticket, they do warn that their disclaimer states, they CAN ask for ID and proof of citizenship. We've used this special the past 2 years, and have never been asked for ID, but it MAY occur.

Thanks for the info. If any of the prices changes, please let me know. I figured since I was going to go anyway, any savings would be great!

Jenn

Hi JenniferW. As far as regular parkhoppers go, you can buy them in Canada, although you probably won't save a ton of money, BUT, every little bit helps, right? In terms of the "buy one get one 1/2 price" offer that is sometimes available to Canadians, please be warned that we have been asked to produce proof of Canadian residence in order to use the passes.

If you have any questions about Vancouver, please hop on over to the Canadian board. We try to give visitors tips about our home cities there, too!

Be forewarned....I HAD to show proof of Canadian residency with my PH passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter