Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Should be just fine. I am going this August with a full package. I bought the Cdn tickets for a future trip and plan to exchange the vouchers while I am there. Like you, I plan to save these tickets for a future trip. Just make sure you go to Guest Services to ensure the right set of tickets are "prioritized". For me, I plan to link mine to a different MDE (or hopefully, not link it at all!). Many here have advised that it is best to set up a dummy MDE and move the tix there. Then move it back to your "real" MDE when you do want to use them. Sounds safer to me since I have heard of horror stories of Disney not using the correct ticket.

Can't you just buy the Cdn tix separately? And then just book the room-only package? I did notice when I priced out some summer room-only promos that the Cdn tix was no longer showing up as an option to select. I don't think its a big deal though - just buy them separately.
My problem is that I already have a package booked with room, dining & canadian discounted tix so If the late fall RO is similar to the early fall I don't think that I will be able to call & add a RO discount & keep the canadian discounted tix. Maybe I should cancel the tickets off of the package & just buy the discounted tickets separately? I want to make sure I get both discounts & will ned to make a decision before May 20th. Any tips from people way more in the know then me would be appreciated.

My problem is that I already have a package booked with room, dining & canadian discounted tix so If the late fall RO is similar to the early fall I don't think that I will be able to call & add a RO discount & keep the canadian discounted tix. Maybe I should cancel the tickets off of the package & just buy the discounted tickets separately? I want to make sure I get both discounts & will ned to make a decision before May 20th. Any tips from people way more in the know then me would be appreciated.
Personally I'd buy the tickets separately because after May 20th who knows what they will do when you try and modify if a RO discount comes out. Wait til May 19 to figure it out.

I just wish they extended it to July so can book 2018 package with the deal as it stands now I cant put just a deposit on it, and I dont have the money for the tickets at paid in full right now. and the price is going to be hard to beat going forward

We (My sister, brother in law, 2 girls and myself - maybe my 22 yo nephew as well.) have the Canadian ticket offer for our trip this August. We combined a room only offer and added the tickets. We are not travelling during the free dining period, but I priced it out anyways, just for fun. The CDN deal works out better. I am just trying to plan a trip for NEXT summer with another sister, her two girls and her sister in law. I think this CDN ticket offer is pretty good, but there are a lot of factors to play into it. Should the CDN dollar improve, the is not so great. If I buy the tickets now, they may not have the deal next year. Ticket prices go up each year, but the dollar fluctuates... What are all of your thoughts? Should we get them now and then get a room only offer next year? Thanks!

I ended up going with FD. I didn't want to wait for RO discount to drop for November/December trip. After my calculations, the different between the two was very minimal. Happy with my decision and I can't wait for a late November free dining adventure!!! pixiedust:

Put me down as another "snag the current ticket discounts and wait for Room Only Discounts". Those offers always include more resorts choices than the free dining does AND it looks like the current offerings are only quick service unless you are staying in a deluxe resort.

I'd keep it. The free dining isn't more convenient for our budget.
Our past two trips have been Deluxe Dining we felt like all we were doing is running from ADR to ADR. We don't eat that much in real life and found that we'll eat way more close to normal meals by not doing FD. We'll still do our top 3 or 4 places but won't feel pressure to do apps and dessert. We also like to do some extra events (dessert parties, etc...) and the dining plan felt like too much.

Personally I'd buy the tickets separately because after May 20th who knows what they will do when you try and modify if a RO discount comes out. Wait til May 19 to figure it out.

That's a tough one and I agree that you have almost a month to figure it out. It's possible room discounts will drop before then.

I'd say it is currently a hard decision, for anyone going in 2018, because with package deals not coming out until end of June(probably). You are left with a tough choice, if you wait and book for deposit on a package you miss out on the ticket deal. But if you get tickets now you pay for them in full.

Comparing 2017 results where the Free Dinning is minimally better priced but way more restrictive. I'd say that with the trend of the Canadian dollar being that it probably will be marginally better in 2018 at best according the forecasts. If you have the money then I would purchase it now. and I am unlikely to say that there will be a 35% discount next year on tickets but with the Canadian Dollar there maybe a similar discount but wouldn't think it would be better then.

I think this CDN ticket offer is pretty good, but there are a lot of factors to play into it. Should the CDN dollar improve, the is not so great. If I buy the tickets now, they may not have the deal next year. Ticket prices go up each year, but the dollar fluctuates... What are all of your thoughts? Should we get them now and then get a room only offer next year? Thanks!

I highly doubt the dollar is going to budge much over the next year, and certainly not to the point where it would cost less to buy the tickets next year. We're going twice this year with the discounted tickets and I will likely buy a third set of tickets before the discount ends, as we will almost certainly go again within the next year or two.

Question about redeeming tickets... I purchased tickets with the canadian offer and also have a RO reservation. The tickets and my RO are both showing up in MDE.
When I check into the hotel will they give me Magic bands then? Or would I get my MB at the park because I need to show my passport?

Thanks

Question about redeeming tickets... I purchased tickets with the canadian offer and also have a RO reservation. The tickets and my RO are both showing up in MDE.
When I check into the hotel will they give me Magic bands then? Or would I get my MB at the park because I need to show my passport?

Thanks
You'll get your mb at check in so you can get in your room, etc. The tickets won't be activated on there until you go to guest services with your id.

I already got 3 tickets from AM and I need a 4th one but I don't have enough AM left in my account. Other than directly from WDW and CAA, where I can buy it with the Canadian price? I need a basic 5 days.

I've seen some discussion of this, but can someone confirm for me? Does EVERYONE (including children) need to be present to pick up the tickets? I'd rather deal with the ticket activation (I also have an AP that will need to be activated as well, but the rest of the family has the Canadian discount tickets) on the day we arrive instead of dragging everyone to Guest Services on our first park day, since we have a 8:30 Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservation. We're staying at Fort Wilderness so I can just take the boat over to MK on our arrival day, but if I could leave the kids at the pool that would be ideal. We even have three adults (one of whom is on a regular undiscounted ticket) so we could leave that adult with the kids while my husband and I run over to MK with everyone's ID to deal with the tickets.

Is this possible, or do the kids need to physically be there to activate their tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter