Kelsey M

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My family and I are booked on a Disney dream trip coming up next month. We are past our 60 day cancellation window but just received word that my husband got a new job and we will be moving across the country next month, leaving no time for a vacation.

While we did purchase travel insurance, this is not a covered reason, so we would lose 25% or the cost of the cruise.

Here’s my question. Since we are still able to change the sail date, can you change the sail date to a cruise in like, December, and then cancel for a full refund? Im not sure if that’s possible or not. Does anyone know?

No, but you can move the cruise to a date when you can sail if it fits their current policy.

1659885020636.png

No, but you can move the cruise to a date when you can sail if it fits their current policy.

View attachment 691444
Yes, unfortunately the change must be before or during Sept 2023 and he won’t have vacation for the first year of the new job. It’s a problem! I do know someone else can go in his place, and that cost is minimal.

The DCL system is smart. It 'remembers' the details of the org. booking..dates, people.
You are going to loss money or it will cost you more either way.
: Cxl cruise , loss percentage
: Move date, cruise will cost you more. I guess you could go less nights. Also factor that you are moving across country so a different port.

Is the covid exposure within 15 days of embarkation cancellation policy still in place? At the beginning of this year all it required was a phone call and stating that you have been exposed. Call wait times are hours long, covid rates are high where I live (but hospitalization and fatalities are not.) If the policy has not changed all you would be out is your travel insurance and time spent on hold.

Is the covid exposure within 15 days of embarkation cancellation policy still in place? At the beginning of this year all it required was a phone call and stating that you have been exposed. Call wait times are hours long, covid rates are high where I live (but hospitalization and fatalities are not.) If the policy has not changed all you would be out is your travel insurance and time spent on hold.
This is actually great advice. Thank you

Yes, if you report being exposed to Covid within 14 days of sailing, you get a full refund. No documentation required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter