Candlelight Processional at EPCOT

Steven Curtis Chapman is a Christian singer. His songs are wonderful & some tell a story. If you can find the song " Cinderella", it is wonderful. Singing about his little girl needs to practice for the Ball. I truly wish we could be there & he is the one I feel is qualified to read the CHRISTmas story.

@GrumpyFamilyof5 , You will not be disappointed. We wait for the narrator list every year, and seems that there's always a lot of open dates when first announced ..... until mid October. Then all of a sudden the names and dates are announced all in one week and the dates all fill in. Hopefully they'll be a month early this year and we'll hear in September. Once when a celebrity cancelled close to our date, they filled in three nights with Chita Rivera. Although she was not who we planned to see, she was lovely and very good with the readings. I heard that Disney always has someone ready to take over in case of cancellation or illness.

@GrumpyFamilyof5 , You will not be disappointed. We wait for the narrator list every year, and seems that there's always a lot of open dates when first announced ..... until mid October. Then all of a sudden the names and dates are announced all in one week and the dates all fill in. Hopefully they'll be a month early this year and we'll hear in September. Once when a celebrity cancelled close to our date, they filled in three nights with Chita Rivera. Although she was not who we planned to see, she was lovely and very good with the readings. I heard that Disney always has someone ready to take over in case of cancellation or illness.
Thank-you, I've been wanting to go for a few years now, so excited and can't wait!!

We went to the Candlelight Processional last year and Neil Patrick Harris was the narrator. He did a wonderful job. We purchased the dinner package and it was well worth the extra money to avoid the standby line. I believe we were in line at least an hour before the show and were still quite far back in the line but ended up with great seats.

We went to the Candlelight Processional last year and Neil Patrick Harris was the narrator. He did a wonderful job. We purchased the dinner package and it was well worth the extra money to avoid the standby line. I believe we were in line at least an hour before the show and were still quite far back in the line but ended up with great seats.
so even with the package you still waited in line for an hour? wow, crucial, if it was that long I can't imagine how long the standby was... you have just made my mind up on buying the dinner package!! ;)

We're reserved for November 30th with the dinner package. Neil Patrick Harris will be narrating and we have dinner at 430 at Corral Reef. This will be our first time. I have always wanted to do this. If we can make it we'll be driving 500 miles for an overnight date trip. We'll do Epcot that afternoon and Magic Kingdom the next morning and then drive back home.

I am so bummed...this has been a yearly event for us for some time, but this year we won't be able to do it...but every day that goes by closer to this years only cements that I will never miss another year!!! ...Saw whoopie last year for the first time and she was wonderful...we really loved Edward James Olmos, but my favorite to date was Rita Moreno!!

Steven Curtis Chapman is a Christian singer. His songs are wonderful & some tell a story. If you can find the song " Cinderella", it is wonderful. Singing about his little girl needs to practice for the Ball. I truly wish we could be there & he is the one I feel is qualified to read the CHRISTmas story.
They are all qualified to read the story, I would hate the event if there were some Litmus test for devoutness...we saw Steven 2 years ago and he was great

we also do the dinner package, but then go the next night and walk up...if there are no seats then we just stand in back and watch

I like Whoopi Goldberg in her movies, but that's about where it ends. The more I see her in her TV Talk Show and her views on things (politics and otherwise) I am not a big fan of hers
We did the dining package in Dec 2014, Whoopi was as narrator, I too don't necessarily agree with her views but she did a good job on the narration. Is it worth going? Absolutely! Would love to go back again and see it. I laughed while waiting in line for seating, I told DW it's the first time we've waited through 3 countries for a seat!

We have it booked. We actually booked it through a "Breakfast" package. We are finding more and more that the "Breakfast" meals with the character greets as well as packages are much cheaper with the same net results.

My mom and I are booked for December 18 (8:15p) after dinner at Biergarten! Hope we get an awesome presenter! Finger's crossed.

We did the dinner CP package mid Dec '14 Les Chefs and it was the highlight of our trip.:thumbsup2 Lever Burton was narrator, reading rainbow and it was beautiful! We waited in line about 1 hour, 1 hr 15 min and we got fabulous seats! Go prepared with warm clothing, nights get very cold, we froze!:eek:

Go prepared with warm clothing, nights get very cold, we froze!:eek:
That's why we love camping too.... If you "FLY" you are severely limited in your wardrobe (unless you want to pay all the baggage charges). With the camper, we can have a wardrobe for almost all occasions. As you point out, that time of the year it can get quite cold. (It can also get quite WARM too. Just depends on the day).

One year we were at the Fort and my DD (then about 15) and I went to Epcot (DW and other younger DD stayed back at the fort). We stayed for the Fireworks show. It wasn't that cold when we were there for the day. In fact it was quite warm, and that's what we were dressed for. By the time the fireworks were over, we were quite cold. We had hoodies, but wearing shorts. I ended up giving my DD my hoodie to keep her legs warm too.

Question, I want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. When I make the ressie it is like any other time you make one and we don't pay until we get there, correct? Thanks! :)

sorry to get this started up again.. but I was wondering if anyone knew if they were still doing the Candlelight Processional on the weekend of Dec 16th? I ask because it used to be listed, now when you go to Disney's website that weekend is not there at all?? If it's not then I have to refigure our plans.. Thanks!

Looking at Disney's Website
source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/candlelight-processional/
Event Details
The Candlelight Processional shows take place 3 times a day. Check out the exact times and dates:
  • November 25 to December 30
  • 5:00 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:15 PM Pacific Time
  • American Gardens Theatre
  • Epcot admission required
An American Sign Language interpreter will be on stage to translate the narrated story, allowing our hearing impaired Guests the opportunity to enjoy this event.

Please note: No tickets are required. However, you can enjoy guaranteed seating when you purchase Candlelight Processional Dining Packages.​

So I suspect it's still going on during that time frame.

Looking at it again, I think that there isn't a "Celebrity Narrator" during the time you are looking at, but the event itself is still going on.

Yeah, I've looked at the website and the 16th isn't listed, but when I went to make ressies for the package yesterday that date was available, so I'm assuming it's all good!! Just now to wait and see who will be narrating I guess. ;) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter