Candlelight Processional, Nov. 28, 2015

MrToadsWildRide

Mouseketeer
So I was in Morocco enjoying some Chocolate Honey Baklava, one of the special Holidays Around the World special treats.

I walked out of the seating area by the Tangierine Cafe and noticed what appeared to be a never ending line passing through Morocco. Any decent Disney guest worth their cheese knows, when you see a line, get in it. Then find out what it's for.

Turns out, the line was for the Candlelight Processional.

Not the Moroccan Candlelight Processional. (there isn't one)

Not the Japan Candlelight Processional. (not one here either)

The line was for the Candlelight Processional two stops over, in the American Pavillon.

No way! I looked towards America and could not see an end to the line. I looked towards France and I couldn't see an end to the line. At least, I couldn't see an obvious end, with all the people walking around.

I headed off towards America and (long story line) short, I came to the end of the line, right in front of the America Gardens Theatre. Which was empty at the time. I walked over to the right side of the theatre and there was a line of people waiting to get into the same theatre in what could be called the Stand-by Line. Pretty sure it wasn't the other end of the long line on the left, as people weren't facing away from the theatre.

The really long line on the left side of the theatre (the one that passes through Morocco) was for people who purchased a Candlelight Processional Dining Package. Purchase lunch or dinner at an Epcot restaurant and you get a guaranteed seat for the Processional. What if you don't purchase one of the dining packages? Well we stuck around until the start of the show. Once all the dining package people were seated there didn't seem to be any (countable?) seats left for all the stand-by people.

It was a holiday weekend, so perhaps the park was more crowded than a weeknight? Or maybe it was the fact that Gary Sinise was narrating? Either way, if you plan on attending one of the events, you might want to consider not only getting a dining package, but getting in line early. The lady I spoke to in line outside Morocco said she showed up 45 minutes early and couldn't believe how far away she was from the theatre. "What theatre lady? There's no theatre here in Morocco," I helpfully pointed out. (my humor was lost on her)

Also keep in mind there's no FastPass+HolidayEdition options. Buy a dining package and get in, or stand around outside the back as we did. Which was a better view than many of the standby people wound up with, since after they didn't get in they had to stand behind us. Which is not that great of a viewing location. It was hard to hear Gary, especially with the constant "Hey, what's going on?" questions everyone standing around you keeps asking.
EPCOT Candelite Line.jpg

really?! so how does that work out then...did they all get seated if they had the dining package? I'm kind of worried now. We have a CLP dining package for Chandra Wilson but it is the 8pm show. What happens if the line is outrageous and we don't get our "guaranteed" seat?

What happens if the line is outrageous and we don't get our "guaranteed" seat?

Since they use the word "guarantee" I'm guessing they limit the number of reservations they sell. I'm sure you'll get in, with the dining package option. Just thought I'd pass along how long the line could be. Never saw anything like this for any of the many Eat to The Beat concerns I went to this year.

You'll get in, but you might want to consider how early you want to get in line, if you want to sit fairly close to the stage. (as in, not the last row) Pretty popular event.

Since they use the word "guarantee" I'm guessing they limit the number of reservations they sell. I'm sure you'll get in, with the dining package option. Just thought I'd pass along how long the line could be. Never saw anything like this for any of the many Eat to The Beat concerns I went to this year.

You'll get in, but you might want to consider how early you want to get in line, if you want to sit fairly close to the stage. (as in, not the last row) Pretty popular event.

We have never done the CLP before...how bad is the last row? There are only 2 of us going so we're not super concerned with needed a bunch of seats together, just getting a seat where we can see the stage.

I've viewed shows from a variety of places in this large theatre. From the front row, to standing outside behind the ropes. I sat in the front row for The Pointer Sisters. Awesome. I stood outside the ropes and listened to ELO, who I didn't even know was there as I walked past and it was awesome. (cause I own ELO vinyl)

So I don't think I can classify the last row as bad, if you really like what your watching/hearing/experiencing. Sitting in the last row is better than standing even farther back behind the ropes with little Jimmy blowing endless bubble in your face and hitting you in parts that shouldn't be hit with his neurotically blinking stick of annoyance. (really wish they'd stop selling those things)

In this case, you will be more immersed in the whole event sitting closer to the orchestra, the choir and the lone narrator. Especially if it's someone you really want to see, as well as hear. You'll hear it in the last row. But you'll see better closer.

How's that for a non answer? (apparently, not everyone here is helpful, sorry)

I was standing in that very line! Our waiter told us to arrive 30 minutes before, we were walking around and ran into the line in Japan 45 minutes before the show. I was shocked how many people were in line, especially given the expense, but you got to give it to disney, they know how to make a buck. BTW the show was amazing and worth the $

Thanks for all this great info! We're going next Monday and I'd planned to arrive 45 mins before the show (have dining package booked) but may go 60 mins early. Better safe than sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter