Can't book a package with extra ticket days? (2021)

disneycat321

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to book a 5 night package for June 2021 with 10 day tickets. This is because I'll be booking a room only reservation at a different resort for the last 5 days. However, it's only given me the option to select up to 6 day tickets. I know things are pretty weird with tickets/reservations right now, but there also aren't currently PH tickets, and it's allowing me to select those.

This is our first time attempting a split stay, and my understanding was that the easiest method is to book the package with the first reservation and then a room only for the second.

Why isn't it allowing me to book more ticket days? Should I just do this over the phone?

Just out of curiosity, I just tested this and get the same issue, can only include tickets for the number of days in the stay (including check-in and check-out dates). This is new, but I don't know *how* new as I haven't priced packages in a while due to our APs.

I wonder if it has to do with park reservation buckets. If you are a resort guest, then you will have availability from the resort guest bucket fr your dates, including check-in and check-out. Do additional days cause issues with the buckets? For example, what about those that may have a 10-day ticket and are staying 5 days onsite and 5 days offsite?

So, it appears that, as of right now, if you want to have additional days, you may have to purchase your tickets separately from your package, such as from Undercover Tourist. Otherwise, you would have to add your ticket to each reservation and that is going to be more expensive.

But, I would not do anything yet. I would see how it all works with a bit more time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter