Can't Preview Threads

kmb584

DIS Veteran
I thought the ability to preview a thread by hovering over the title had been taken away until someone posted it as an issue on the theme parks board. If I load the DIS on Firefox I'm able to preview the thread, but have no such luck on Chrome (which happens to be my default browser). I have JavaScript checked to run. Any ideas?

Interesting...I'm using Chrome and have no problems with the hover-preview. So I don't think it's browser-specific.

kmb584 did you see the Chrome settings I posted in the other thread?

Also the version Chrome I have that it's working on is: Version 40.0.2214.94 m

kmb584 did you see the Chrome settings I posted in the other thread?

Also the version Chrome I have that it's working on is: Version 40.0.2214.94 m

I did.. thought I posted a response (but looking at the thread, I didn't)! My settings are exactly the same as yours, as is my version of Chrome. It's just so strange how it's working for some and not others.

Just as a visual, this is what I see when I hover over a thread link in Chrome versus Firefox.

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    317.4 KB · Views: 7
  • hover.png
    hover.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 8

That's so WEIRD!! You have the same Chrome extensions and chrome version, too?

BTW, I'm on a Windows 7 machine here. Just trying to figure out what the difference between our installations is!

That's so WEIRD!! You have the same Chrome extensions and chrome version, too?

BTW, I'm on a Windows 7 machine here. Just trying to figure out what the difference between our installations is!

Same everything. I do have Ad Block Plus installed, but I tried deactivating it for the boards to see if that was the issue. Nope!

Tell you what, I'll download it, install it, deactivate it, and see if that has me lose preview.

I downloaded it and installed it, and it's active. But I still see the Preview.

smiley-angry017.gif

/think /think /think

Ok, I DISABLED adblocker to be in the same state you are in, and I still have preview.

Maybe it's disabled for all usernames beginning with k?
fingertap.gif

Hey, one thing we didn't compare. I'm NOT logged in with a G+ account on chrome. I declined a log on. Are you?

Wait! One more idea.

What theme are you using? I'm using Dark Scheme and it's working.

Default. I switched to dark, no luck. Thanks for all your help, though! Not being able to preview a post isn't the end of the world, but it was handy.

I'm having the same issue with Chrome. I'll try IE and see what happens with it. I REALLY like being able to preview threads.

This is asolution I found on another forum...

"
I found the error. All settings were the same, but somehow Google Chrome thinks (as the only program on my PC) that my PC is a touch device.
In chrome://flags/, I had to find Enable touch events. By default it's set to Automatic, but once I changed it to Deactivated, everything worked"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter