Car or Cars for large group?

maureenmac

Mouseketeer
Need to know what you rented when traveling with a large group. We will have 8 adults next Jan. Should we try for 2 cars or one large van? I am leaning toward 2 cars to allow us the flexibility to go different places. Any ideas?

Hi, we are traveling with 8 people from DC to WDW. We rented a Suburban(SUV). It fits up to 9 people. The minivans only fit 7, and the full size van(15passengers) were too large, bulky and expensive.

Sorry, should of said we will be flying down and need trans for time we are there. We usually rent from $ and get a Jeep or Durango. I realize a van is too small. Thought 2 cars would allow different parts of the group to go in different directions.

We are in the same situation that you're in. I think the two vehicles would be the better option despite the cost. A minivan would not be large enough to carry all your luggage and carry passengers. For the six of us in August, we elected to get one midsize car and one economy.

Would anyone know if a Suburban-type van (just like the one rented by Sylver2 in DC) be available for rent in Orlando? We are 9 (6 adults and 3 kids) travelling together.

We rented the Suburban from Enterprise. We kept calling around to get the best prices and ask what rental companys had full size SUVs. It was funny becasue we called an Enterprise in one town and they quoted $700 weekly. We called another Enterprise about 4 blocks away in the same town and they quoted $499 weekly.
I'm sure if you call around to the rental companies in the Florida area, you will find out. I know Enterprise and Budget for sure carries them. Budget was more expensive.

We just rented 2 full size cars from National for 10 days-Emerald Aisle. My husband has a membership and so do I (see Mousesavers for free card info). So each of us rented one. They were $190 ea. including taxes for 10 days. There were 6 adults & 1 infant in a car seat. Plenty of room for people, but crowded on luggage space. If I could just talk my daughter into not taking everything! HA! But with husband's golf clubs, full size stroller & 7 bags, we made it. Last yr with 5 adults and 1 infant we had a full size van and still had the same luggage problem. This time we were able to use 1 car's back seat to transport extra luggage & put 4 adults & baby in the other. It worked well and was about the same price as the van.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter