Car rental affordable alternatives-recent reviews for Universal’s SuperStar Shuttle?

CdnWDWfan

Earning My Ears
I have done a search to learn about universal’s SuperStar Shuttle service and wondered if anyone has used it recently to provide more current feedback on how it went, length of time to factor in moving from airport to hotel, how much extra time to allow to get to airport on departure day (9:30pm flight ), anything really. I know that it services many on site hotels, so it can be just luck that will affect how many hotel stops are in the trip.

My adult daughter and I are staying at Cabana Bay Jan 3-10, and car rental plus all parking fees are adding up to $1000 Canadian right now. That’s a big chunk of the vacation budget. We are heading to WDW for 3 days of the trip, and spending the rest at Universal/hotel. Arrival day will be mid morning arrival at MCO, check in/dump luggage at Cabana Bay, a grocery store run, character outlet, Disney Springs and hang out at the hotel. Factoring a few trips that day and trips on WDW days with Uber/Lyft, it seems to be making more sense financially to book the StarShuttle for round trip runs airport to hotel, especially since the car will sit in the Cabana Bay lot for 3 days, likely not being used. I have priced out a car rental for 4 days thru Avis so that I can return to the hotel location, but that only saves me 100 on car rental vs the entire time.

Also, has anyone found that the surge pricing for Uber/Lyft has been a larger unexpected cost for trips to WDW parks from universal hotels, for example around park opening and closing ? Just looking to minimize the local transportation costs as much as I can without totally sacrificing convenience if possible.

Thanks for any info!

Last edited:
Something I've done to avoid surge prices at theme park closing is to take Disney Transport to a Disney Hotel. And then take the UBER/LYFT from that resort back to Universal. It also gives you a chance to visit a new hotel and maybe have dinner there.

Something I've done to avoid surge prices at theme park closing is to take Disney Transport to a Disney Hotel. And then take the UBER/LYFT from that resort back to Universal. It also gives you a chance to visit a new hotel and maybe have dinner there.
Thanks for the tip, great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter