Car Rental Deals??

Blue Skies

Mouseketeer
We will be in Orlando the end of April/begining of May. Has anyone found any good car rental deals from this time frame?

What company did you use?
Did you use a code?
What was your per day or per week cost?
What size vehicle did you request?

I know it's still early, but I thought there would be better deals than what I am seeing. I do not want to pay over $200 (including fees/taxes) if anyway possible for a full size for 8 days; plus I want to use a large car rental company (not L&M, etc.) All deals I am finding are close to $300.

Please post any successes! :D

Melissa

Check out Mousesavers.com, you may come up with a code you can pop into a website for a nicer discount.

You think your ressies are early? Mine are all set, and we're going in Dec 18. I won't settle for my DC discount (the best I found for my dates). I will keep checking every week or so, often those rates vary like the weather.

I have checked the major car rental company's. And the one
that has the best deal for the week that I'm renting (5/3-5/10),
is Budget. I have used them in the past three years, with absolutely no problems. They also, had the best price. I have
not seen any codes this early in the year. But Budget will
have some promo for that time of year, just keep checking
there web site. I belong to BJ's wholesale club and with being
a member they offer discounts for car rentals. The discounts
range from 5-25% off flat rate and then you can use a
coupon to save an additional $20 off a weekly rental. As of right
now I have a Reservation for a full size car for $227 incl. all
tax and fee's. If a lower rate is available later I can book at
the current rate and then cancel this reservation. Oh, the one
thing which I like is, they are right at MCO, and not off site. :cool:

Just was on budget.com. For my dates 2/12 - 2/19, I can get a Hyundai (sp?) Sonata for about $170 after taxes and fees. I'm going to get a code from mousesavers, and see if I can use it with that rate to get it even cheaper. I'll let ya know.

Oh, travelocity had better rates than expedia. Alamo was a bit less than Budget, but I think I remember some people complaining about Alamo.

Melissa,
Car rental prices this year are much higher than last year. I too am having a great deal of trouble finding a full size car for 8 days for less than $300! I am looking at the beginning of July, and maybe it is too soon, but last year I booked in January and got a rate of $175.

SuzyQue,
That National contract #, what discount is that? :):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

I went ahead and booked a midsize (Sonata) for my dates on budget.com. I tried to use a discount code (BJ's membership), but it jacked up the price before it applied the code! So, I just went with the original quote -- $175 with all taxes included.

It just goes to show, just like airline tickets, you really need to play around with websites and codes, etc.

I am now at 144.46 including all taxes and fees for a full size Emerald Aisle for a week in early Feb. It started out at 189.00 and has dropped bit by bit to this level. I used my AARP discount (ah the perqs of getting older) and the coupon I found on the net for 15.00. It seems to drop a little each week.
So......my advice, keep on checking. And, if you have AARP, use that code. :) It is the best discount I have found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter