car rental is it worth it??

amul29

Earning My Ears
hi ,
im new to this site and also for the first time going to disney dec 17 -25..im sooooooooo excited :bounce: but i have few questions two of us are going me and my dh , ok now the question should we rent a car for all 9 days or is it good idea to take buses ?if buses then where should i get the info , other question is did any of u guys stayed at extended stay ? because we are planning on cooking because im not much into eating outside ....
thank u in advance

There are just to two of us and this is only my 2 cents but we have gone with and w/o; we by far prefer to have a car. Aside from the cattle call at the airport for any kind of transportation other than whatever you get on your own; you aren't left waiting forever for transpotation on property. Especially during those seasons like Christmas and Easter.

Welcome aboard and don't hesitate to ask anything.

Can't tell whether you are staying on or off site. If off-site you should consider a car a necessity. Moreover, even if staying on site, you should consider a car necessity if you intend to go off-site for anything, like going to Sea World or Universal. If staying at a WDW resort and intending not to leave the site, then car is optional but be aware of the following in making the decision:

1. Generally Disney transportation from your resort to a theme park and back, whether your resort uses a bus, monorail or boat, is good. In fact, to the Magic Kingdom it is really the best way to go. To the other three theme parks it may be faster to drive depending on which resort you are staying (from some resorts you can walk to a park) but usally not that much faster.

2. Going to waterparks or Downtown Disney from your resort by Disney Transport is somewhat OK but you can have additional stops and a car is generally significantly faster.

3. If you are planning to go from one resort to another resort then seriously consider a car. That trip often requires taking one bus to a park or Downtown Disney and then taking another from there. That double bus trip can take an hour or more while you could easily drive the same distance in 10 minutes or less. Example, suppose you were going from Port Orleans to Fort Wilderness. The need to take two busses can make the trip take an hour. You can drive it in about 3 minutes because FW is about a mile away from Port Orleans (note you are not allowed to walk outside the resort areas as most of it is very busy streets with no sidewalks).

For any resort they provide you transportation info when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter