Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all! Just got back from our 5th stay at the CBR. Just like the last four visits, this visit was wonderful. I'll be writing a full report on the resort soon. First, I have tons of clothes to wash. :laundy:

I did want to let everybody know that one of the wooden sections of the resort promenade is closed for refurbishment. There is an alternate pathway that walkers/runners can take. Until the refurbishment is completed (which we were told could be up to 6 weeks....seemed a bit long to me but that's what they said), guests can't rent the surrey bikes.

I also took lots of pictures of the resort which I will post on the CBR picture thread. I'll let you guys know when I have them posted.

Thanks for the advice for our stay in August. I will be calling to link our reservations and request our rooms. I heard somewhere you can fax your requests also. Is this true and does anyone know the fax number? This site is the greatest!:banana:

3 more weeks!! Is it beneficial to do online check in? We have 2 rooms booked, and have requested connecting, so not sure if we should do the online check in or just do it when we get there. HMMMMM LOL

Good morning all! Just got back from our 5th stay at the CBR. Just like the last four visits, this visit was wonderful. I'll be writing a full report on the resort soon. First, I have tons of clothes to wash. :laundy:

I did want to let everybody know that one of the wooden sections of the resort promenade is closed for refurbishment. There is an alternate pathway that walkers/runners can take. Until the refurbishment is completed (which we were told could be up to 6 weeks....seemed a bit long to me but that's what they said), guests can't rent the surrey bikes.

I also took lots of pictures of the resort which I will post on the CBR picture thread. I'll let you guys know when I have them posted.

Glad you had a great trip!! I have one question: Are you talking about the walkway around the lake? or just the wooden deck area near the OPR? Just curious, as DH runs around the lake every morning when we are there, but it should be done when we get there.

Glad you had a great trip!! I have one question: Are you talking about the walkway around the lake? or just the wooden deck area near the OPR? Just curious, as DH runs around the lake every morning when we are there, but it should be done when we get there.

The walkway around the lake. It's one of the wooded sections between Aruba and Barbados. You can still walk/run all the way around the resort though. The pathway is wide enough to walk/run on. It's just not wide enough for the surrey bikes.

Hey...where were you guys...thought we might catch a glimpse of ya. We were in martinique 24. With all those people on the buses i kept thinking for sure i would see you guys...:laughing:

The walkway around the lake. It's one of the wooded sections between Aruba and Barbados. You can still walk/run all the way around the resort though. The pathway is wide enough to walk/run on. It's just not wide enough for the surrey bikes.

Thank you!!! DH will be relieved!!!

Welcome back Lisa!! :goodvibes Glad to hear you had another wonderful stay. Can't wait to hear (and see) more!

We will be at CBR 6/16-24.
Thanks to everyone on the boards. Learned about lots of great things!

I am calling today with my room requests. We are in a standard room, and I'd like to be in one of the 3 buildings closest to OPR. Never hurts to ask, right? I tried to fax my requests. I called to get the fax number. Then tried to send it numerous times and it wouldn't go through. Called back to get a different number and the CM told me to call with in the 10 day window and give the requests over the phone. Anyone else experience this?

Just paid the final bill for our two week trip staying at CBR starting on 24 Jul - can't wait! :yay:

Hey...where were you guys...thought we might catch a glimpse of ya. We were in martinique 24. With all those people on the buses i kept thinking for sure i would see you guys...:laughing:

We were in Jamaica 41 which was a great location. Too bad we didn't get to meet each other.

Hi All,

Are all the pirate rooms in Trinidad South? Making our first trip this August and our 6 year-old is so excited to stay in a pirate room. I know we'll be in the parks in the morning and going back to CBR in the afternon for rest and swimming and just wish we weren't so far from the main pool. Are there preferred pirate rooms closer to OPR?

Thanks to all of you for your reviews and pictures. (My son is using a nebulizer for a cough and I bring the laptop over to him to see all the pictures in this thread and he loves it!)

Can't wait to get there!

Thanks.

We were in Jamaica 41 which was a great location. Too bad we didn't get to meet each other.

Sorry we missed you guys too! I wanted to thank Safetymom for starting this thread and everyone for contributing! We really enjoyed our stay at CBR:goodvibes I am very happy to have a great moderate choice to go to now, since we were so unhappy at POR and really didn't even want to try another one. The only negative if there was one was the food at the food court. It just was not very good, but after our 1st days lunch there, we mainly ate in the parks. With that said i think i would not pay preferred to be close to food court/pool since we brought our own drinks for the fridge and didn't eat there alot. We really only took our daughter swimming 2 or 3 times since most of the time that we went back to the room the afternoon showers came.

Thanks for all the advice, oh i did do online check-in and requested 1st floor Martinique 26. We received 1st floor Martinique 24. It really turned out to be a great spot close to the bus stop. Room was clean and bright and a nice size.

Planning a return trip in October 2011, and thinking we may want to try CBR! So I am subscribing now so I can have time to read all of the great info on this thread and see the wonderful pics!

Still haven't found the time to write up a review of the CBR but I have started my trip report entitled "Who knew choking each other would earn us Fastpasses?" which will include pictures of the resort rooms and grounds. Should any of you want to join in the fun, come on over.

Hopefully, I'll get a resort review up and posted here soon.

In the meantime, I forgot to post something the other day. Every year, we buy a Caribbean Beach Resort t-shirt. This trip, there were none to be found. I found a castmember and asked her about CBR themed merchandise. I was told that they no longer had any CBR merchandise. When I asked her if it was something that was permanent, she said she wasn't sure but that she heard they were phasing out specific resort themed items.

Hey everyone! Just booked a 2 night stay at CBR for our DFTW PS trip in September without the DS :banana::banana:. Are there rooms with King-Size beds in every building? At this point, we've requested to be in Jamaica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter