Caribe Royale

Don't forget to check mousesaver.com.
I paid $119 a night and since I stayed 3 or more, I also got a $25 hess gas card on checkout.

The 119 was WAY cheaper than anyother rate I saw, including the AAA rate.

Have fun, wish we were going back.

We are trying to decide whether the money saved to stay off-site is worth it. Does anybody here who has already stayed at the Caribe Royal and rented a car have a good estimate of how long it took from leaving your room at the Caribe Royal to getting in the gates at each of the 4 main WDW parks? I have a reservation at the Dolphin, but like the idea of having a microwave, fridge and breakfast included and having a separate room for the kids (5 and 3) to sleep. The key issue is how much longer would it take to get from the room to each of the parks at Caribe Royal (compared to the Dolphin). Any help would be appreciated!

From the Dolphin, you can easily walk into Epcot or DHS.
It's about a 10-15 minute drive to either Epcot or DHS from Caribe Royale.

If you are driving to MK or AK, the drive time is about the same from either the Dolphin or Caribe Royale. I would guess, 20-30 minutes.

I noticed that you mentioned breakfast is included?
Are you sure you're not thinking of Buena Vista Suites, next door?
Unless you have a special deal lined up, Caribe Royale doesn't normally include breakfast, but Buena Vista Suites always does.

I love staying at the Dolphin, the location is awesome.
And, of course, you can take the frequent bus service to AK or MK and walk or boat to Epcot or DHS.

But, on the other hand, the money saved by staying at Caribe Royale is huge.
You will need a car, the busses are few and they drop you far away.

We will be there this Thursday! Tell me what you want pictures of and I'll try to get them.

We have stayed here 2x and we just love it. It is so close to Disney it is great and only takes a few minutes. We don't usually eat in the room (cook) and there are lots of places to eat right around there. We have eaten at the breakfast buffet there but prefer Disney food instead for breakfast. The restaurants tend to be pricey. They did a total remodel last year (supposed to be finished in Sept 08) and I heard they were putting in mini bars. I think you can still request a fridge instead. You may want to look into that. We have been very happy there both times we stayed and were there for a week each time. It really does look just like the pictures you see online. You will be very happy there. If you go out to eat, just around the corner is the Orlando Ale House which becamea favorite of ours. Great food and great prices, something for everyone! Enjoy!!

pool from the 7th floor elevator lobby , spent a lot of time here. kids loved the water slide
DIS09283.jpg

anyone stay here have more to add to this post. I am looking at Nov/Dec dates.

I did check out those rates. We needed three rooms to house all of us the night before our stay begins. We got a great rate of $200 with tax for the 2BR suite and we can all stay together. Wondering if anyone has anything else to say about their recent stay experiences, especially if you stayed in a 2BR.

we stayed in a 1 bedroom but here's some notes from our stay:

parking was always hit or miss. once or twice we got lucky and parked close to our lobby door- but several times and espesially at night we had to park quite far.
house keeping service always arrived at room, as we were coming back for our mid-day rest. when we asked if we get it cleaned earlier the morning - it could not be done. 2 days we just collected fresh towels and didn't have the room cleaned
laundry was quite far.....from our 7th floor room :laundy:
we did like the location very much

We stayed in a 2 br. in June. The 2 br's are in the building farthest away from the main pool, but there was a quiet pool (we didn't use it though). We used the main pool several times and it was great (not that far of a walk). The 2 br was excellent for the most part. There was lots of storage except for the nightstands by the bed. They were tiny tables with no drawers. The decor was beautiful and the bathrooms were huge. We cooked dinner one night (spaghetti) and the kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed.

We only had 2 problems while we were there.
(1) The toilets kept getting stopped up. We called maintenance and they came and unstopped them, but didn't leave a plunger for us in case it happened again (it did, both bathrooms).

(2) The balcony doors are very heavy and when the people in the room above us opened theirs, it sounded like thunder - very loud. Unfortunately, the last 2 nights they kept going in and out, every few minutes, until about 2 a.m. It was very annoying as I was unable to get to sleep. I called the front desk and complained (and I AM NOT a complainer! LOL). They said they would take care of it, but nothing happened, so either they didn't do anything or the people just ignored them. (Hopefully that was an isolated incident and wouldn't happen again!)

I would definitely stay there again if our whole family went (we have 3 'adult' children in their late teens/20's and there was plenty of room for all of us to spread out.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter