• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

carribean beach resort help

PantherBill

Earning My Ears
First I would like to thank Disney for the discounts for AP holders. The discounts were more than expected and I know it has definatly renewed everyone's faith in Disneys promotional decisions........

Now with these new rates I need help from all you nice forum members. We are going to stay 15 days at Disney this year and the first 8 at All Star Sports again but the remaining 7 days we are going to spend at carribean Beach.

Can anyone tell me where the best buildings or rooms to stay in on the resort are? I have never even seen the place and do not have a clue. Everyones help, as usual, is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

P.S... My children are 7 and 10 so this is a concern also..

Thanks again

Trinidad North is probably your best bet. It's close to both the food court and the main pool however, every "island" has their own pool too. Everyone lately has been requesting Matinique (including myself) but it has gotten so busy that I have been recommending people try other buildings. The buildings are color coded - Jamaica is yellow and just over the bridge. No matter where you decide you will love this resort. The food court has an arcade for the kids too...Have a great time :p

Hi Mickeys Mom: Thank you for the reply as it is apreciated..

How close is it to the bus stop? I have been searching for maps of the resort but the one I have found is not that good.

Again Thanks in advance to everyone's input and advice

We just returned from a week at CBR May 3rd. We stayed in Barbados, room 1263. Each island has their own bus stop and our room was close to our bus stop. There is also an inter-resort bus that circles and stops at each of the CBR islands and at Old Port Royale (food court, restaurant and gift shop). Our room was about a 10 minute walk to OPR. The scenery around the walkway, which surrounds the bay, is beautiful so we didn't mind. On days we didn't feel like doing the walk or if it was raining, we'd just take the inter-resort bus to OPR. I am glad we did not stay at Martinique, it did look busy. Our area was very quiet. I would also recommend N. Trinidad or Jamaica (there is a bridge here to OPR) if you want to be closer to OPR. Enjoy - this is a beautiful resort!!

We stayed at CBR in September and 2001, and we stayed in Jamaica. It was great- a nice walk over the bridge to the food court and main pool. I think your kids would really enjoy that. We were in Jamaica 44, which was also convenient to the quiet pool, which we used a lot. Sorry I can't answer your question about the bus stop- we drove and never used the buses. But I'm sure some wonderful person here will have an answer for you!

I think you will really enjoy the resort. We are going back to WDW this September and haven't chosen a place to stay yet and may choose CBR again!!

Meg:D

We took our first trip to WDW this past february and stayed at CBR. Stayed in Martinique. It was great. Short walk to the pool and food court. This will be a good place for your kids. The arcade is quite big with a large number of games. Also the pool is good for children. It is not terribly large which we liked (5yo DD) but is is good. WE also had a very good experience with the busses. They were there often and with nice drivers.

Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter