Cars Land is possibly coming to Epcot

Because it wouldn't cost a billion dollars. It would be much easier and cheaper then starting from scratch. They've already got the ride, they just need to do an overlay and put in 2 lesser attractions. Much like they are doing with Toy Story Land at DHS.
It just wouldn't work and doesn't make any sense. There isn't room near Test Track to create such a land nor does a large circular building look like something from Cars.

It just wouldn't work and doesn't make any sense. There isn't room near Test Track to create such a land nor does a large circular building look like something from Cars.

I'm guessing they would be going with more of a race track look. Which seems to fit well with the already constructed ride. The race track seems to play a key part in the new film.

Plus I think it would be even more fun to create Cars cars, rather then the regular ones.

Changes for EPCOT are obviously needed. I like the idea of Land, Sea (Nemo), Air (Up)...would the other half maybe go to something like Space/Energy (GotG? I love the idea of GotG moving to the Rockin Roller Coaster though), Body (Inside Out at old Wonders of Life), Motion (Cars at Test Track)...Kind of reminds me of how it used to be with themes, though with the incorporation of IP, which they are clearly trying to do.

Ratatouille is a great ride. Rode it several times on our last Disneyland Paris trip. Very fun for whole family. Different than anything else. Would be a wonderful addition. Something for the UK with Alice or Mary Poppins? Bring it on! The Alice ride at Disneyland is just ok, but I can see them doing something neat with that. Down the rabbit hole with a bit of a drop to it?

Fun to speculate!

I'm guessing they would be going with more of a race track look. Which seems to fit well with the already constructed ride. The race track seems to play a key part in the new film.

Plus I think it would be even more fun to create Cars cars, rather then the regular ones.
If it does you can come call me out but there is no evidence anywhere that Cars is going to have an area at Epcot at this time. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:
Because it wouldn't cost a billion dollars. It would be much easier and cheaper then starting from scratch. They've already got the ride, they just need to do an overlay and put in 2 lesser attractions. Much like they are doing with Toy Story Land at DHS.

I hope that snipe tastes good when you get it...because you are undoubtedly chasing one.

Changes for EPCOT are obviously needed. I like the idea of Land, Sea (Nemo), Air (Up)...would the other half maybe go to something like Space/Energy (GotG? I love the idea of GotG moving to the Rockin Roller Coaster though), Body (Inside Out at old Wonders of Life), Motion (Cars at Test Track)...Kind of reminds me of how it used to be with themes, though with the incorporation of IP, which they are clearly trying to do.

I could see this sort of thing hapen or the incorporation of the characters into EPCOT. I don't see a whole Cars land but using the characters to talk about the concept in each building or area that pertains to, like the ones you mentioned, I could defintiely see. Be a way that woudl really draw in kids still who love the characters but still maintain the overall feel of the park at the same time.

Isn't Flo's V-8 cafe a circular shaped building? I think it's an air filter?

Epcot is a mix for me I love the touring of the countries but overall if it wasnt included in the passes we get we wouldnt pay to go in (we get the 2 week ultimate pass). Technology is now advancing at a extremely fast rate and what looks futuristic 6 months ago looks old hat now. Theming things in a proper Disney way (the characters) makes thing date less or from a time period. Thats why the world showcase still works even with the changes with the rides. Giving test track a Cars skin would work for me if they also made the changes in the rest of the Future World so it all meshes together. IMO Epcot needs more things to draw me in more or even one big ride.

I think it's pretty safe to say that anything new that gets added (pretty much anywhere) will have some sort of IP tied to it. So with that being said, you have one of the most relevant IPs (Inside Out) not doing anything. They could fit into so many different places within Future World.

I think I read somewhere, maybe here, that Disney secured rights to a ride that changes based on your emotions. Maybe they're working on that technology for an inside out attraction??

I think I read somewhere, maybe here, that Disney secured rights to a ride that changes based on your emotions. Maybe they're working on that technology for an inside out attraction??
Yes Disney filed a patent for an attraction that can do that.

I would be all for a Test Track retheme to be more like Radiator Springs Racers, since the latest update to Test Track is pretty terrible. I don't see it happening, though, and agree with previous posters that it wouldn't fit well there.

Epcot is a mix for me I love the touring of the countries but overall if it wasnt included in the passes we get we wouldnt pay to go in (we get the 2 week ultimate pass). Technology is now advancing at a extremely fast rate and what looks futuristic 6 months ago looks old hat now. Theming things in a proper Disney way (the characters) makes thing date less or from a time period. Thats why the world showcase still works even with the changes with the rides. Giving test track a Cars skin would work for me if they also made the changes in the rest of the Future World so it all meshes together. IMO Epcot needs more things to draw me in more or even one big ride.
Yeah this is the biggest problem they face if they tried to bring back the technology and edutainment side of EPCOT. Those things are changing exponentially fast these days and to base anything on something that's going to change or be better in a year is foolish. This is why so much of Future World is defunct now because things changed and so many of the attractions became unpopular.
So either they make rides they have to keep updating with the newest tech over and over or they build IP sections that incorporate some edutainment but being based on a movie that's stuck in that time it won't be so jarriing and let's face it boring to see 5 years later. It's why MK has stayed strong with the ability to only update from time to time as opposed to every year having to revamp everything.

I coudl see it fitting in with a race car/track theme to it with the Cars characters, but I don't see a whole Carsland fitting in. We've already had other characters put into other pavilions before with Nemo and Living Seas and Lion Kng characters at the Land, so there is some precedence for it. Could easily see others fitting in to each pavilion as has been mentioned, jstu having fully themed lands to a specific IP doesn't seem to fit EPCOT to me (at least as it currently is) but adding characters to a pavilion or something would work. Land/Soarin' get characters from Up, Test Trac gets Cars, Life gets Inside Out, Mission Space could get Guardians. Not saying they'd all be perfect or necesarrily shoudl be done, but adding the characters would fit and has been done already with success. I jsut don't feelt hat the rumor of turning an entire side, or even a large area, into Carsland would fit.

Nice thread! Have you guys heard of Jon Hale? This guy had ridden Radiator Springs Racers over 9,100 times!!! He seems pretty legit, he has a very extensive blog and YouTube channel. I've been on the ride about a dozen times, but over 9,100??? Good for him!

Impressive, most impressive. Thankfully it wasn't "It's a small world", because that would mean he was forced into it. Plus judging from the photos it looks like he's actually having a good time.

Like mentioned before, future world could be perfect.

Sea with Nemo. Air with UP and emotions with inside out.

Like mentioned before, future world could be perfect.

Sea with Nemo. Air with UP and emotions with inside out.

Ok i'm racking my brain-- where are you getting this "air" pavilion? There's the land, and the Seas, and Imagination, and.....energy, and the closed one, and mission space... is that Air? and TT...?

I'm assuming when people say Air they are referring to the Land pavilion since it houses Soarin'. Think the Up characters could fit for Land as well so would work for the entire pavilion. Russell is a scout and they all journeyed through a jungle. But opviously with the flying fouse and the blimp at the end it fits in perfectly for air as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter