Cast Member abuse

guynhawaii

Mouseketeer
Aloha,
Not quite sure where to file this post…hopefully the Mods will assist if required.
I have been attending Disney parks since 1968. Always appreciated the CMs but never walked in their shoes. My son is taking a break from college this semester to work at the WDW DCP. He’s shared a lot of personal insights this Fall of working at Disney as a CM. Mostly at MK.
The most disturbing and disappointing surprise for me has been the tremendous amount of verbal abuse the CMs receive from the guests. Most especially when the CMs are just following Disney policy. Especially at the turnstiles and crowd management. The amount of F bombs and general disrespect toward the CMs is just shocking to me.
My appreciation of the CMs has never been higher. To just stand there and take unwarranted abuse at WDW of all places is just numbing to me. And I am deeply appreciative of Disney management always having the CMs back when they get abused when operating within Disney policies.
If you ever have an opportunity, recommend to give a CM a hug and thank-you. They deserve it.

Rudeness has become encouraged in these times amongst all walks of life from heads of state on down to local agitators intent on making an unpopular opinion or two get forced onto the more civil among us. Some people can’t or won’t turn it off.

This touched me. I’ve started offering hugs to strangers since we took in my adult goddaughter in July and I met a kiddo who’s own mother never hugged her.

I never thought a stranger would accept but they usually do.

I bought some little wooden You Are The Magic tokens on Etsy to give CMs who do a great job and deserve a little thank you ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter