Cast Member - Resort Discount - 40% Off for Friends & Family

Kevin1281

Mouseketeer
One of my best friends works for ESPN. He has offered us his 40% off resort discount for friends/family for our upcoming trip. Next week we will be four months out, which is when he said he can apply the discount.

In the past, we were lucky enough to get this discount through my cousin who used to work for Disney. He was actually on property and would have to go to the resort in person, prior to our arrival, to validate it.

How would this work with my buddy who works for ESPN? He will not be there in person the week that we are going. I know that the easiest way to find out is to ask him, but he is currently away on a family vacation and I don't want to bother him. While it was fresh on my mind, I figured I'd post this thread to see if any of you Disney veterans might have the answer.

Your friend will request a friends and family voucher through work which you will present upon arrival.

Also, I’m unsure what you mean by he can apply the discount 4 months out. My husband is a CT employee so we are pretty familiar with the process. We always go on the hub and book the resort reservation using the friends and family discount. You need to see which resorts are offered with that particular discount at any given time. I’m just making sure you know it’s not a 40% off discount you can apply in a blanket fashion to any reservation.

The F&F has changed. You can now only book them 3 months in advance. I know I have had to fax my ID, front and back to the resort 10 days before the guest arrives. Lately I have only been getting 25% discounts.

Your friend will request a friends and family voucher through work which you will present upon arrival.

Also, I’m unsure what you mean by he can apply the discount 4 months out. My husband is a CT employee so we are pretty familiar with the process. We always go on the hub and book the resort reservation using the friends and family discount. You need to see which resorts are offered with that particular discount at any given time. I’m just making sure you know it’s not a 40% off discount you can apply in a blanket fashion to any reservation.
Thanks for your help. Yes, I understand it isn't a 40% discount to any resort we want. I know that they may only offer certain resorts and certain percentages. I guess I should have just said "F&F Discount".

As far as what I said about 4 months...He tried going into the system at 6 months and told me that he now has to wait until 4 months in advance of our trip to see what discounts are being offered.

The F&F has changed. You can now only book them 3 months in advance. I know I have had to fax my ID, front and back to the resort 10 days before the guest arrives. Lately I have only been getting 25% discounts.
Thanks for your help. Any savings helps.

Thanks for your help. Any savings helps.
We were able to book a F&F last night for the middle of August, at the 4 month mark. There was very little in terms of deluxe properties for the 40%, it was mostly the 25%. I was actually able to get more options at more resorts and the same percentage off using the Disney Plus discount. However, we still booked F&F because we will get discounted tickets from AAA.

However, we still booked F&F because we will get discounted tickets from AAA.

One is able to get AAA discounted tickets, but only if they've have booked a resort using F&F, is that correct?

However, we still booked F&F because we will get discounted tickets from AAA.

One is able to get AAA discounted tickets, but only if they've have booked a resort using F&F, is that correct?
If you have a AAA membership, you can purchase them there and then link them to your account in MDE. It's not necessary to have a Disney resort reservation.

I have a 5 night stat a French Quarter booked for March 2023. I called Disney Resort Hotel Reservations [(407) 939-1936] yesterday. I called to update the dates of my stay. I was on the phone with the CM for a while (90 minutes ish), and built up some rapport. When the CM asked 'Is there anything else I can help you with at this time?". I asked "How do CM Friends & Family discounts work for Resorts right now?". CM asked "Will you be staying in the room with your CM friend". I said "No".

CM then said:
"OK, well it's actually way easier for your CM friend now that we've just done what we did over the last 90 minutes, since it's much easier for your CM friend to call an get the F&F rate applied to an existing reservation. It is more difficult and time consuming for your CM friend to book for you. Here is what your CM friend needs to do. First, make sure your friend the CM has this info: His Disney Employee ID. Your First and Last Name. You booking confirmation number for French Quarter for March 2023. Your full mailing address, including zip, and your phone number. The address and phone number must all match what is in your MDE account. With the info, they call 1.407.WDW.Cast. When the booking CM answers the phone, your friend gives them your booking confirmation number. The CM on the phone will check for the availability of F&F discounts for your room type, on your dates at your resort. If one is available, the CM on the phone will apply it to your booking."

Me: "Can I ask my friend the CM to do this now/ASAP? Or do I need to wait until early 2023, when they release the F&F discounts? Or does my friend the CM need to wait until 4 months before my arrival date, and call then? "

CM: "No, there's not need to wait. It's better for your friend to call now. There are a certain number of discounts per resort/night at 40% off, and a slightly larger number at 25% off, and when they're gone, they are gone. It's better they call now. They'll either get 40%, or 25%, or 0% off. But sooner is better to give it a try".

Me: "Thanks, last question. Does my friend the CM need to fax his Employee ID to the resort 10 days before I arrive?"

CM: "You got me on that one. I do not know"

Does anyone know if this is accurate? The CM I spoke to yesterday seemed honest and knowledgeable. He said he often processes CM F&F discounts as part of his job, and this is the current process.

Thanks.

I have a 5 night stat a French Quarter booked for March 2023. I called Disney Resort Hotel Reservations [(407) 939-1936] yesterday. I called to update the dates of my stay. I was on the phone with the CM for a while (90 minutes ish), and built up some rapport. When the CM asked 'Is there anything else I can help you with at this time?". I asked "How do CM Friends & Family discounts work for Resorts right now?". CM asked "Will you be staying in the room with your CM friend". I said "No".

CM then said:
"OK, well it's actually way easier for your CM friend now that we've just done what we did over the last 90 minutes, since it's much easier for your CM friend to call an get the F&F rate applied to an existing reservation. It is more difficult and time consuming for your CM friend to book for you. Here is what your CM friend needs to do. First, make sure your friend the CM has this info: His Disney Employee ID. Your First and Last Name. You booking confirmation number for French Quarter for March 2023. Your full mailing address, including zip, and your phone number. The address and phone number must all match what is in your MDE account. With the info, they call 1.407.WDW.Cast. When the booking CM answers the phone, your friend gives them your booking confirmation number. The CM on the phone will check for the availability of F&F discounts for your room type, on your dates at your resort. If one is available, the CM on the phone will apply it to your booking."

Me: "Can I ask my friend the CM to do this now/ASAP? Or do I need to wait until early 2023, when they release the F&F discounts? Or does my friend the CM need to wait until 4 months before my arrival date, and call then? "

CM: "No, there's not need to wait. It's better for your friend to call now. There are a certain number of discounts per resort/night at 40% off, and a slightly larger number at 25% off, and when they're gone, they are gone. It's better they call now. They'll either get 40%, or 25%, or 0% off. But sooner is better to give it a try".

Me: "Thanks, last question. Does my friend the CM need to fax his Employee ID to the resort 10 days before I arrive?"

CM: "You got me on that one. I do not know"

Does anyone know if this is accurate? The CM I spoke to yesterday seemed honest and knowledgeable. He said he often processes CM F&F discounts as part of his job, and this is the current process.

Thanks.
It is not accurate. Friends and Family can only be booked 90 days in advance. They do have to either email or fax a copy of their ID ti the resort at least 10 days before your arrival

It is not accurate. Friends and Family can only be booked 90 days in advance. They do have to either email or fax a copy of their ID ti the resort at least 10 days before your arrival
I can second this. And they are becoming much more difficult to get. I got a better Disney+ discount on my room than my BFF could get as a CM. And he could not see any discounts until 90 days out.

Hi KerryCM,
I see the discount can range from up to 40%. A friend of my mom who worked for Disney for over 20 years is going to get us a room discount using his family and friends. The question is, do you know first what the Polynesian Resort discount has been in the past? Does the discount get higher with the more expensive resorts? Thank you for any help.

Hi KerryCM,
I see the discount can range from up to 40%. A friend of my mom who worked for Disney for over 20 years is going to get us a room discount using his family and friends. The question is, do you know first what the Polynesian Resort discount has been in the past? Does the discount get higher with the more expensive resorts? Thank you for any help.
The Polynesian is rarely available, they don’t have problems booking it with guests paying rack rate. And with buildings converted to DVC years ago, there are fewer regular rooms available. Never say never, but have alternate choices. Discounts were a lot more limited this year. The cast F&F rate for the WL was the same as the Disney+ rate for this summer, 25% on certain rooms. It was easier to book using that discount. There was nothing for a 40% discount for August. It’s based on occupancy, higher occupancy, less discounted rooms and lower discounts.

The Polynesian is rarely available, they don’t have problems booking it with guests paying rack rate. And with buildings converted to DVC years ago, there are fewer regular rooms available. Never say never, but have alternate choices. Discounts were a lot more limited this year. The cast F&F rate for the WL was the same as the Disney+ rate for this summer, 25% on certain rooms. It was easier to book using that discount. There was nothing for a 40% discount for August. It’s based on occupancy, higher occupancy, less discounted rooms and lower discounts.
Thank you Mle8308, for your response and help. The Boardwalk Resort (club level) is our second choice if Poly is not available. Our third Yacht Club (Club Level). I am hoping one of those falls under the 40%, I would be happy with 35% even.

Thank you Mle8308, for your response and help. The Boardwalk Resort (club level) is our second choice if Poly is not available. Our third Yacht Club (Club Level). I am hoping one of those falls under the 40%, I would be happy with 35% even.
You could get lucky with Club level. We've never been able to get it at a F&F rate. It will probably depend on the time of year. Best way to judge is to go on to the Disney site and plug in your dates. See what comes up. If your room choice is not avavaile there, it's not likely it will be discounted. I always book the room I want at whatever the best rate that is currently available, then when it gets time for F&F to open up, if it shows up at a better rate, I book and cancel the other. Having one room of the same type is not going to affect the availability of the discount. Fingers crossed it works out!

Hi KerryCM,
Discount is entirely base on availability. It can be any date at any resort.

Last edited:
I live near the Disney Hilton Head Resort. They are always offering part time positions, but from everything I've read, they don't offer hotel discounts to part time employees anymore. Perhaps if they changed this, they wouldn't have such a low retention rate. I know plenty of retired seniors who would jump at the chance for a PT position there.

Piggy backing on this to ask, does anyone confirm receipt of the ID when it's emailed and that everything is verified for F&F reservations? A friend of mine booked a stay for me through the hub and sent a photo her id off by email with my reservation numbers but it seems like I have no way to check the verification went through ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter