Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

Cabana 21SER is the last cabana on the adult beach. I checked with DCL and it is priced at $399 just like the other cabanas at Serenity Bay. It will show up as available only to you since
you booked it. It will NOT show as available to anyone else. Congratulations on getting a Cabana.

AWESOME. :thumbsup2 Thanks

Is there a map anywhere that shows the cabanas on the beaches?

Not sure about a map, but cabana 18 is past the massage cabanas, then 19 and 20 are side by side,
then 21 is a bit past 20 kind of off to itself.

Did I read somewhere that they take you to your cabana in a cart? And is #21 a long walk back to the BBQ (or do they help you with that)?

I stayed in Cabana #20SER (Serenity Bay). You check-in for your cabana right near where they drop off for the tram. They will drive you by golf cart to your cabana. There is a "call" button inside the cabana and your host/hostess will tell you to press that if you need anything, including going to lunch!

I don't think it's that long of a walk, but when you carry food back form the BBQ to your cabana... it may seem like along walk! (Our host actually waited for us while we grabbed BBQ and then drove us back to our Cabana!)

Does anyone know how you can actually book a cabana.

We did the western carribean cruise on the Fantasy and we were online the minute we were able to book our port adventures and we could never get a cabanam(we checked regiously every day until our cruise departed even while on the cruise).

We are planning our second cruise now and would luv to get a cabana while at Castaway Cay - any suggestions on how we can do this once DCL opens bookings for adventures while at ports? Many thanks

Does anyone know how you can actually book a cabana.

We did the western carribean cruise on the Fantasy and we were online the minute we were able to book our port adventures and we could never get a cabanam(we checked regiously every day until our cruise departed even while on the cruise).

We are planning our second cruise now and would luv to get a cabana while at Castaway Cay - any suggestions on how we can do this once DCL opens bookings for adventures while at ports? Many thanks

First thing to note they are very limited very few and in high demand.

You book via the port adventures for castaway cay at your booking window,

125> 120 days per cruise Concierge cruisers can request them, often all gone at this time.
120 pre cruise Concierge and a Platinum cruisers can book them online, often all gone at this time.
Gold can book at 105 days and Silver at 90 days and anyone left, new cruisers at 75 days.

Keep looking as some people cancel.

We had cabanas 21 and 20 on Serenity Bay. All four cabanas on Serenity Bay are in one spot, 18 and 19 are closer together than the others, but none of them are that much further from the entrance than the others.

At Serenity Bay, you check in at the cabana hut and they have you wait on the chairs by the massage huts. But it isn't a long walk. We had a large group, so some walked and the grandparents took the golf cart. Walking from the ship is way longer than the short walk to the cabanas from the tram stop at Serenity Bay.

Some of our group walked from the ship to avoid tram waits (you have to take two trams to get to Serenity Bay). We had requested a golf cart for the grandparents to take them from the ship since the trams would be difficult, we got different answers from people on where to catch it, and waited in the heat and got moved around until the nice gentleman at Marge's Barges called one for us and told us to wait (which, unfortunately, had to be on the sun and the grandparents were melting). Thank goodness we were taking them to a Cabana.

Do not bring towels, unless you are having an activity before you go to Serenity Bay. The cold towels in the ref./cooler were so nice on the hot day! Snacks were the same bags of chips you get Blythe quick service on the ship, plus some granola bars.

There is a buzzer in the cabana to call the host if you need something.

We walked to lunch, it wasn't far and you can walk on the road/bike path behind the cabanas. Walking on the sand would have been more difficult.

We went on a cruise in Feb, and just booked another for November. While at Castaway we seen new Cabanas being built beside the one we were staying in. Does anyone know when the new Cabanas will be open? I booked a Cabana for Nov but if the new ones are complete I would love to try them :cool1:

The cabanas on Serenity Bay have been re-numbered to 22, 23, 24 and 25 (25 is at the far end)

I would guess they will be building more on the Family beach hence the re- numbering.

We had booked cab21_ ser and received cabana 25

The cabanas on Serenity Bay have been re-numbered to 22, 23, 24 and 25 (25 is at the far end)

I would guess they will be building more on the Family beach hence the re- numbering.

We had booked cab21_ ser and received cabana 25

Was this recently? Did you concierge book it for you or did you catch it online? If you did, did it have the price online or was it one of the newer bookings with price to be determined, etc listed? If you have any pictures of #21 cabana and or view would love to see them. Was that one very far to walk to beach?
Thanks so much for the info!

Our family is finally old enough to go to the adult beach and we are going to try for a cabana here. I do have a couple of questions: Are you able to pick up snorkel equipment on the Adult beach? Is there a restaurant there for lunch and do they have ice cream and soda machines??
Thanks ahead for any info!

Our family is finally old enough to go to the adult beach and we are going to try for a cabana here. I do have a couple of questions: Are you able to pick up snorkel equipment on the Adult beach? Is there a restaurant there for lunch and do they have ice cream and soda machines??

Can't answer about the snorkel equipment, but yes, there is a place for lunch for all SB guests (not just cabana people) at the entrance to SB. And yes, they have the ice cream and soda machines. I understand it is very much like the family beach places - but they also have ribs and sometimes steaks (and I've heard rumors of some type of seafood but never investigated as I'm in the "Fish are friends. NOT food." camp).

Was this recently? Did you concierge book it for you or did you catch it online? If you did, did it have the price online or was it one of the newer bookings with price to be determined, etc listed? If you have any pictures of #21 cabana and or view would love to see them. Was that one very far to walk to beach?
Thanks so much for the info!

Yes, last Saturday 23rd August.

Bought it online in July price was TBA.

Ill post some pics tomorrow, only just got back to the UK.

About 3 steps to the beach :cool1:

Had our first Cabana this past Saturday......loved it!

My husband said he thought it was worth every penny and made the day!
We were at CC 4 years ago with out one. We do not cruise every year, so on our next cruise in probably 3 years, we will get a Cabana again.

Yes, last Saturday 23rd August.

Bought it online in July price was TBA.

Ill post some pics tomorrow, only just got back to the UK.

About 3 steps to the beach :cool1:

That is so exciting!!! We are booked with the TBA notes so very excited to hear from someone who has already sailed with it! Glad to hear about walk to beach, I thought I had read you had to go down to #19 and then to beach. Cant wait to see your pictures once you are settled. Thank you so much!!

Can't answer about the snorkel equipment, but yes, there is a place for lunch for all SB guests (not just cabana people) at the entrance to SB. And yes, they have the ice cream and soda machines. I understand it is very much like the family beach places - but they also have ribs and sometimes steaks (and I've heard rumors of some type of seafood but never investigated as I'm in the "Fish are friends. NOT food." camp).

Great news about ice cream and soda machines :) and thanks for answering so quickly!!!

Does anyone else know if there is snorkel equipment on SB?

Actually, I have that same question about the snorkel equipment -- is there a place on Serenity to rent it?

And I got a confirmation from DCL that yes, we did indeed snag CAB 21 on Serenity. Still calling it Cabana 21 though and it is still listed as pending. Read somewhere that there is one cabin on Serenity that they hold for weddings -- so maybe this is it and that's why it wasn't listed with the other cabanas on the port adventures page :confused3 Either way, I'm still stunned I got one on first night. I should play the lottery now :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter