Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

The slide has been done for some time, but it is NOT open, and apparently won't be till 'the spring'.

:confused3

Pelican Plunge is open now...has been for a couple weeks! :thumbsup2

I could also imagine tiered pricing for guests on shorter cruises.

Of course they will tier the pricing. After all the 9am to 4pm on a 3/4 day is so much shorter the then 9am to 4pm on a 7day.

If you look back through the post you see the $600 price was never sourced, I.E. it was made up. The buy-in will not be $600, closer to $300. The top end will be closer to $600, with upgraded food/drink & butler.

Of course they will tier the pricing. After all the 9am to 4pm on a 3/4 day is so much shorter the then 9am to 4pm on a 7day.

If you look back through the post you see the $600 price was never sourced, I.E. it was made up. The buy-in will not be $600, closer to $300. The top end will be closer to $600, with upgraded food/drink & butler.

I concur!

Pj

Yep slide opened early for all you lucky spring cruisers to enjoy!!!

I don't see Disney charging $600 a day for these. Maybe with all the additions (food, butler, drinks, etc..) it will top out at $600. That is WAY too much for an entry price, even for Disney. I think that make's it the most expensive excursion on the ship for all the ports.

We are going on the May 30th 5 day Double Dip. We are platinum so we can book excursions starting January 30th. I know I have read that they would be ready for the 5 day wonder cruises, so being the first one, we will find out.

I'll let everyone know what happens.

I would not be surprised to see this kind of expense. With up to 2400 guest per ship, and only 20 cabanas, I could see $500 to $600 per day.:cool2:

We are sailing in December, I hope the price's arent outrageous

I subscribed too, since we are hoping to do this in October.

I will be curious to see the pricing. I would be a little shocked at $600, but who knows.

We just came back from WDW a few weeks ago and spent a day at Typhoon Lagoon. We rented the private shack for the day and it was $250 for the day and it included towels, bottled water in a cooler, a refillable mug, locker, padded upgraded chairs and a cabana attendant. Food and drink were extra and you could run a tab for the day. It was for up to 6 guests. The area was roped off a bit and each guest was given a wrist band saying they were a premium guest. There were some chairs around us, but we were in a pretty secluded spot.

Hopefully, it will be something close on Castaway Cay. We shall see.

Bethie

I subscribed too, since we are hoping to do this in October.

I will be curious to see the pricing. I would be a little shocked at $600, but who knows.

We just came back from WDW a few weeks ago and spent a day at Typhoon Lagoon. We rented the private shack for the day and it was $250 for the day and it included towels, bottled water in a cooler, a refillable mug, locker, padded upgraded chairs and a cabana attendant. Food and drink were extra and you could run a tab for the day. It was for up to 6 guests. The area was roped off a bit and each guest was given a wrist band saying they were a premium guest. There were some chairs around us, but we were in a pretty secluded spot.

Hopefully, it will be something close on Castaway Cay. We shall see.

Bethie

That would be great to see - especially at that price!

The benefit I first thought of was having cover during rain showers. It poured on us twice last October and we finally had to go back to the ship. Having a place to our own that we could duck into during a rain shower would be nice. But, with everything else included, not worth more than $300 IMHO, and that would be a splurge for us. I might think of renting one for our trip in Nov as we aren't planning any other excursions and Castaway Cay will be our one 'port' day (we plan on staying on the ship in Nassau)

I found this on the other boards:

My husband and I just got back from a 4 night cruise May 6th 2010. We attended the Captains Corner session and asked what was the cost for cabanas at Castaway Cay. The officer answering the question actually turned to the Captain and asked if he could share this info as the costs had just been finalized, but not announced. The Captain gave him the okay to share...$499 for the day. There will be 16 cabanas on the family beach and 4at Serenity Bay. He said they would hold up to 8 people and the refrigerator would be stocked with soft drinks. Seems a bit high to me. We have a 5 night cruise booked for May 28, 2011 on the Dream for me, my husband, mother and sister and had wanted to book a cabana but agreed this was just not a great use of that much discretionary income.​

I found this on the other boards:

My husband and I just got back from a 4 night cruise May 6th 2010. We attended the Captains Corner session and asked what was the cost for cabanas at Castaway Cay. The officer answering the question actually turned to the Captain and asked if he could share this info as the costs had just been finalized, but not announced. The Captain gave him the okay to share...$499 for the day. There will be 16 cabanas on the family beach and 4at Serenity Bay. He said they would hold up to 8 people and the refrigerator would be stocked with soft drinks. Seems a bit high to me. We have a 5 night cruise booked for May 28, 2011 on the Dream for me, my husband, mother and sister and had wanted to book a cabana but agreed this was just not a great use of that much discretionary income.​

Thanks for sharing the info here!

So I'm assuming $499 is probably the base price. Higher than HAL's $299, but not twice as much as some folks had speculated. ;)

We just got back from the May 16 4 night and the cabanas aren't booked yet. They look nice but I wouldn't pony up the money based on the location(we were previously considering trying one.)

The family beach ones are down past pelican plunge and the Serenity Bay ones are out past the last beach and lounge chairs.

I know part of the lure is the "private" beach area but that really is a trade off consideration for being far enough down the beach that people probably wouldn't hike that far anyway.

THey look nice though, as well as the new shopping/eating area-not open yet, but they were doing finishing work while we were there.

ooh now I have a dilemma ;)- that was going to be our luxury 'splurge' for our Christmas cruise, as we aren't really doing any other excursions this time - but $499 might be a bit too much for the four of us:confused:, I guess if you are two families travelling together and splitting the costs it wouldn't be so bad:confused3

We just got back from the May 16 4 night and the cabanas aren't booked yet. They look nice but I wouldn't pony up the money based on the location(we were previously considering trying one.)

The family beach ones are down past pelican plunge and the Serenity Bay ones are out past the last beach and lounge chairs.

I know part of the lure is the "private" beach area but that really is a trade off consideration for being far enough down the beach that people probably wouldn't hike that far anyway.

THey look nice though, as well as the new shopping/eating area-not open yet, but they were doing finishing work while we were there.

Do you remember how close the new eating area is from the Family Cabanas?

Do you remember how close the new eating area is from the Family Cabanas?

CookiesII is over by the Heads Up Bar and the Family cabanas we saw were out past Pelican Plunge and the small beach area there. I'm awful with estimating distances though.

I have some pictures I can upload when I get home if you want.

Wasn't it supposed to be two prices: one for the cabanas and one for cabana with wait service? I wonder if that $499 includes the service or not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter