Castaway Club

nezy

DIS Veteran
How does one find out about an on-board Castaway Club party?
I will be cruising for the second time, but my fellow cruisers have not before. My friend is making all of the arrangements-should she tell DCL that I have cruised before?

Yep! Make sure that your TA or DCL knows that you are a return cruiser! Do you have your Castaway Club number? If you don't, you can look on the DCL website and call the Castaway Club number to get your club number. That would also be good to give them.

Have a blast!

Kathy

You should have your friend add your Castaway Club number to the reservation. That way, you'll have an invitation to the party in your stateroom and you should also be entitled to a $50 shipbord credit. This is not from experience, but only from what I've read, so if I'm not correct, someone please let us know!

Actually, the only way to get the shipboard credit now is to rebook another cruise while on board. But if you do have your Castaway Club number added to your reservation, you will get an invite in your cabin to a reception along with a returning cruisers gift (currently a beach towel, I believe). You can call DCL and they can tell you your number. They'll probably ask for your previous sailing dates and either a reservation number or the cabin number you stayed in.

Julie

The gifts are a really nice beach towel and two pins. Also, the invite to go to the party was not in my room until the last day which was also when the party was. I was assuming it would be in my cabin when I first arrived so don't be alarmed if it's not there.
Ann

The place and time of the return cruises cocktail party will also be listed in the Navigator on the day of the party. Even though your friends have not sailed before they are your guests and will be allowed in. They ask that you bring the invitation with you to the reception.

MJ

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

I should have thatCastaway Club # written somewhere, but it would probably be easier to call DCL.

We just got home from the 4 day cruise (Oct. 20-24) on the Wonder and it was WONDERful!

We received a $50.00 onboard credit when we booked our trip because we are Disney Club Members. As far as the Castaway Club gift - that was in the room when we arrived and the party we received an invitation the night before.

I hope that this helps!!

Have a happy vacation!

I spoke to DCL Castaway Club CM today and she informed me that since my next trip was a prize that was won and not a trip I booked and paid for that I was not able to get any of the CC benefits for the cruise. Any thoughts on this?

My next question is will my other friends who are first time cruisers NOT be considered as CC until they purchase a first cruise, rather than win a cruise? To me it seems that this is splitting hairs, especially for the number of "free" trips that they have. I would assume someone must be paying somehting for this trip.

Hey all...we booked our 3rd Disney cruise last year before we left the ship...11/30 on the Magic....we received the $100.00 onboard credit for rebooking....and then reading the material from Disney Club we were told we got an additional $50.00 for being DC members...called DCL and they added this to our reservation...but I do remember reading on these boards that they will not give you both credits...they did not tell me this and I was very clear about the $100. credit....anyone possibly clear this up for me?
Thanks!
Tom....34 days to the Magic!

Yep! If you have a Disney Club membership (for this last year - 2003 :( ) you can get a $50 onboad credit. I added this to our reservation when Michelle posted it a couple months ago and just this weekend called and confirmed it with the new expiration date.

Deb

I sailed for the first time with my DD5 in July. We are all (DD now 6 DD3 DH) doing the 7 day land/sea in a few weeks. When I booked through DCL I was told my DH & DD3 wouldn't be able to attend because they were not Castaway Club members. Has anyone else ever had this experience before? Only part of the party having sailed & the others not being invited? It would be a shame for them not to be allowed to attend. Especially if we get a free cocktail being that they are so expensive & we are on a budget! That may sound terrible but, who cares, its VACATION!

opsomyo.....

It has been our experience on 6 DCL cruises that anyone in your party can attend the CC party. I can't believe someone told you they could not.

I believe it says somewhere on the invitation about your guests being able to attend, but I am not sure.

What fun would it be to go to the party by yourself and not with the rest of your party???? I think you were misinformed unless things have changed since August (our last cruise).

nezy.....I believe DCL is right about what they told you. I know CM's and TA's even if they have sailed before are not entitled to the CC gifts so it would stand to reason that any "free" prize would not also.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter