Castle lights?

bluecastle

DIS Veteran
Does anyone think the icicle lights will ever return or are we doomed to never seeing that wonderful sight again because of projections?

I think they’re a thing of the past unfortunately.

*I’d like to note everything I’ve said that about this year has returned. AP, Disney Dining, reservations leaving in some capacity. So maybe Disney will get me again 😂*

I think "doomed". Beautiful they were BUT for everyone going during the months before and after, seeing that crane - it was quite the damper of that ahhh moment and photos.

I think "doomed". Beautiful they were BUT for everyone going during the months before and after, seeing that crane - it was quite the damper of that ahhh moment and photos.

Honestly, and I am sure I am in the minority, but I think they can do better with projection mapping than the lights. The trouble to put them up and take them down, not to mention they were an eyesore during the day. They are MK's HarmonioUS! 🤣

Honestly, and I am sure I am in the minority, but I think they can do better with projection mapping than the lights. The trouble to put them up and take them down, not to mention they were an eyesore during the day. They are MK's HarmonioUS! 🤣
Totally agree with you. Yes they were stunning, especially when they flipped the switch and you got the oos and ahhs but .....

During the day they took away from the castle itself and the set up and take down ruined it for everyone else. Felt like 6 mos out of the year the castle view was impacted.

Last edited:
Can disney do a projection of icicles with color changes when not doing a fireworks show? Not the same but something.

Still missing the lights of winter.

Can disney do a projection of icicles with color changes when not doing a fireworks show? Not the same but something.

Still missing the lights of winter.
I don't remember if icicles were involved but they did something similar with Elsa freezing the castle during the Xmas party. I only went once pre-covid though so I don't know if they brought it back.

Cross your fingers for projected virtual icicles; cheaper and just as pretty at night.

I think there is a slim possibility especially depending on how long the removal of the 50th decor takes if it’s around the time lights went up historically the chains could kill two birds with one stone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter