• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castle

safetymom

dis veteran
Are they taking anything off the castle in DL for the new celebration? My daughter wanted to know. Thanks.

I believe they will be romoving the crowns in October.

I heard they are taking the crowns down and re-painting the castle... but its just rumour. When and if they do that, I dunno!

right now the rumor is there are taking most of it away prior to the Christmas season. Whether or not it will need to be tarped is being debated!

I just heard that the castle will be tarped up, but after the halloween event starts taking off, and will be ready with the new coat of paint and no crown decorations by USA's Thanksgiving. They gave no specific date as to WHEN during the halloween event

mystic_path said:
As long as its not tarped up, then I will be happy

In another post I read that somebody called guest services and the castle will not be traped! :sunny:

Tink! said:
In another post I read that somebody called guest services and the castle will not be traped! :sunny:

Not to rain on anyones Dream Parade or anything, but in some other posts too it says that no one at disney really knows anything. They all have heard rumours and stories at the park and no one really knows whats going on. Everyone has their own version of whats going to happen, and so what they believe is what they tell park guests.

But for everyones sake, I hope your right! I hope the castle isnt tarped up. Cause when you think of Disneyland whats the first thing you associate with Disneyland?????? Thats right the castle. Its definately a highlight of everyones trip to see it. :)

I am the one that called and was told the castle is only tarped if it being repainted. She told me that no the castle is not being repainted and if the castle is tarped it will be listed under refurbishments. She told me there was not any plans to repaint the castle.

Here's the facts jack!

DLR CMs can tell you what they've heard, but until it's on the refurb schedule (or sometimes even if it's ON the refurb sched. it's still a bit up in the air).

Currently,
The Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years Video Preseantation is "refurbing" or more likely bringing back the lincoln, from 9/18-9/21. That is the ONLY 50th element currently on the refurb schedule. Other than that...we can only wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter