CBR Before & After Skyliner (plus 5th Sleeper Question)

JayMass

Dis Dad #871 Disney Deadhead
We stayed at CBR before the skyliner a few years ago. How different is it with the skyliner?

Also, how big is the "5th Sleeper?" I have tall teenagers--6'2" and 5'9" (they weren't so tall when we stayed there before 😢) and I'm thinking that bed will be way too small.

How different is it with the skyliner?
Definitely different-gone is the "Laid back secluded Island feel" especially in Jamaica and Aruba with Skyliner flying overhead(Disney Riviera Resort also has changed the "feel" of CBR as much as the Skyliner).

BUT Skyliner is AMAZING and EPIC!

SO easy to pop over to DHS and Epcot(as well as POP/AoA) and it is FUN while you do it!

My "guess" is "most" Guests think the "tradeoff" is worth it.

As an aside,while Skyliner doesn't really "fit" in at CBR,IMO it actually ADDS to the "over the top Disney" theming at POP/AoA and greatly enhances those Resorts. :)

Last edited:

If it was a few years ago you stayed there, you probably haven't seen the new lobby/food court/pool bar, they are all beautiful and the check in area is no longer a separate building from the rest of the resort amenities. I'd watch some tours on youtube to see the differences from what you probably remember. I stayed there last summer, all the remodeling was done and the skyliner was almost complete and being tested, but not yet operational for guests. (I think it opened a few months after our trip.) I think the skyliner will likely make CBR hard to beat out of the mods, but haven't gotten the chance to ride it yet. I will say, they were running during our stay and they were completely silent. We stayed in Jamaica, they are above the Aruba/Jamaica side of the resort and we couldn't hear them at all. The murphy bed might pose a problem for your teens, however. My 5'5" 13-year-old slept on it and it was tight for him.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Trying to decide between CBR and POP. There's like a 50 sq ft difference in room size between the two. Anybody ever try an airbed at either resort?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Trying to decide between CBR and POP. There's like a 50 sq ft difference in room size between the two. Anybody ever try an airbed at either resort?
We stayed at Pop years ago when they had double beds (and we only had 1 kid!) but since then, they've remodeled and added queens. The value rooms are VERY small though, so small that to add queens, one of the beds is now a "table" murphy bed that folds down. I don't think you could fit an air mattress. Even at CBR, it will be tight but more doable than at Pop. For reference, here are floorplans of each resort:

Attachments

• PopCentury_FloorPlan.jpg
    PopCentury_FloorPlan.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Caribbean Beach.jpg
    Caribbean Beach.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Check the Pop thread and search for air mattress. I believe people have been able to fit them but only by blocking the entry door and having part of the mattress under the bed. So it can be done but is tight! I think there are some photos on the Pop thread too.

We used to take an air mattress, but we now take a backpacking cot when we need it. I am over 6’ tall and I use it camping. It packs down to the size of a purse, and weighs just a couple pounds.

Something like these:
https://www.fieldmag.com/articles/best-lightweight-cot-for-camping-backpacking
The one we have is an off brand from Amazon.

We have always been able to find a place for it, usually just moving a table.
But I don't think that would work at Pop.

But I don't think that would work at Pop.

It should work, there is no room I’ve been in that didn’t have the floor space.

It’s not a permanent fixture. You just lean it against wall, stick it in closet, or even disassemble it when done sleeping.

It's actually an 80 sq. foot difference. 340 vs 260. CBR was the first moderate resort, before there even was a moderate category, and their rooms are 340. The other moderates built well after CBR have 314. CBR is the outlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter