CBR or CSR?

KJo719

DIS Veteran
My parents are planning a 30th anniversary trip to Disney in Oct. during the food and wine festival. They've stayed at POR before, but when my mom checked into it, she wasn't able to find anything available for the dates they want to go. Now they're trying to decide between CBR and CSR. We've never stayed at either one and we don't know anyone who has, so I'd like some opinions on which would be better for 2 adults celebrating their anniversary. Unfortunately deluxe resorts aren't an option unless they can find an extremely good rate. They're awesome parents who deserve an awesome trip!! Thank you so much for your help!

I've only visited CBR, never stayed there.

We have stayed at CSR however, and really enjoyed it!

CSR is the newest of all the moderates, opening in 1997. I call it a moderate that borders on being a deluxe! You'll find a coffee maker and an iron and ironing board already in your room, no need to make a special request for those items!

CSR is a very spread out resort, very much like CBR. But the pool is far superior!

If you do some searching here and on the net, you'll be able to find maps of both resorts. Study them to figure out which location you think they'd like best.

At CSR, we prefer the Cabana rooms, specifically Cabana 8A because it is very close to the main pool. The building sits sideways, so you are spared any direct parking lot views! It is a bit of a walk to the Pepper Market (food court) but the grounds are lovely, and they won't mind taking the walk at all, especially at the time of year they are going! If being close to the food court is more of a concern, I'd recommend Cabana 9B!

Have fun planning!

I have stayed at both and prefer CBR. I like the tropical feel of the resort. I truly feel like I have escaped when I stay at CBR. You can sit on the beach at night and watch the Epcot fireworks. If you need more information on CBR I suggest you visit the thread below and I also have pictures of CBR on my web site.

CSR is nice also. Both great resorts to stay at. The room size at CBR is a little larger. Also has a curtain back by the sinks so you have some privacy if someone gets up earlier and wants to make coffee or get ready.

They both are similar. One themed in mexican/southwestern theme and the other in caribbean theme. You can check out my CSR website below for pictures and info. Good luck deciding!

ps - I vote for CSR!

We have also stayed at both CBR and CSR and loved both! But if I had to pick one I would stay at CBR again first.Just a tropical relaxing atmosphere. Both would be great for celebrating an anniversary! We celebrated our birthdays at CBR in 2000, and our engagement at CSR in 2002. We are hoping to get to WDW for a few days after we are done on our honeymoon. If we do, we will stay at CBR again. Have fun!
:)

We've stayed at both and much prefer CSR. The atmosphere at night is just beautiful and very romantic. I think there is a much more "adult feel" at CSR. The main pool is terrific, great choices at food court, far superior bus system, more amenities in rooms beautiful grounds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter