CBR or POR for April 2019

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We are planning our vacation for the last week of April. It will be me, DH and DD (age 7 at the time). This is mostly a lounge at the pool kind of vacation with just a couple days at the park. I like the tropical look of CBR but have fond memories of POR from when I was a kid. Which moderate should we stay at? I do like the fact that you can take the boat to Disney Springs from POR. CBR is less expensive, however. Will their food court be done? Finally, POFQ is equally appealing with the new water area (I know POR guests can use this, too) but I like the small footprint of POFQ. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Last edited:
We love POFQ for its theming and size and we loved CBR for its 5th bed and nice grounds and pool. My family is not really a POR Family.

I believe by april CBR food court will be done? But there will be other construction near the DVc Resort and I don’t know when the sky liner opens?

We love POFQ for its theming and size and we loved CBR for its 5th bed and nice grounds and pool. My family is not really a POR Family.

I believe by april CBR food court will be done? But there will be other construction near the DVc Resort and I don’t know when the sky liner opens?
Good point about the DVC construction still going on. I'd rather not pay for the 5th bed since we won't need it. How are the AC units in these hotels? I have been reading on Tripadvisor that CBR has really loud AC but nothing about this in regards to POFQ, so maybe they have different units? Thanks!

POR is our fav resort. It’s so relaxing, beautiful landscaping, good food court, the boat, carriage rides, fun evening entertainer. I prefer it to pofq. Although pofq is nice too, the buildings are closer together. So your living in closer quarters. Some like that about pofq.
Nothing wrong with CBR. It was our first stay onsite. I don’t know how much will be done by your visit. But if it’s a place that appeals to you, it may be your last chance to try it while cost is lower. After construction/skyway is finished you can be sure WDW will raise prices considerably. Price is only low now because of construction and less amenities.
I never noticed a difference with AC noise between CBR or POR. They are both units under window.

If you get a noisy AC, ask maintenance to fix it.

For us - the size of POR and the lack of a good feature pool was a big turnoff for us. It’s not that you are living in ‘closer’ quarters at POFQ per se - there are just way more buildings at POR so it’s a longer walk to everything, but neighboring buildings are all equally close as they are everywhere else!

Maybe if we liked the theming better at POR it would be okay, but it doesn’t feel ‘enough like a Florida vacation’ to me when we stayed there.

All that being said - I would definitely take the less costly room - whatever one that is...I don’t think you can really go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter