CBR or Port Orleans?

Tinkrbell

Mouseketeer
I was wondering which is better? I've heard great things about both, and can't make a decision.

We have a 5y/o and a 3y/o if that makes a difference in choosing the resorts.

Thanks

Dear Tinkrbell,
Hello! Both resorts are awesome and offer different things. But if you have small children, I would recommend staying at CBR, which is geared more towards families and children. This resort is brightly colored, has six quiet pools (maybe seven) and 1 main pool with a slide. It has a great food court that was recently remodeled too. There is also an island in the middle of the resort with a playground and some tropical birds and animals. Port Orleans is nice too. Excellent food court, nice main pools, can take the boat to Downtown Disney, etc. But since you are traveling with little kids, I bet CBR is right up your alley. It is such a fun resort--you and your kids would really like it. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful trip!! :earsboy: :wave:

We've stayed at both and I would recommend POR if your kids like water slides. The one at CBR is short and deposits you in about 5 feet of water and parents cannot stand and wait for their children at the bottom. At POR it empties into about 3.5 feet and you can wait for your child or ride down with them (unless this has changed??). When we were there they had lifejackets available at the marina (where you rent the boats and bikes).

We've stayed at both resorts and while I like them both, If I had young children I would pick POR. CBR is a very large resort - from many buildings you need to take an internal bus to get to the food court/main pool area. While you can request the buildings close to this area - Martinique, Trinidad North - requests aren't always honored. I was lucky and got my request of Trinidad North, which was right next to the food court. I saw many people in the morning coming from the internal bus to pick up food and coffee. Just my opinion - I wouldn't want to deal with this with younger children. But they are both beautiful resorts.

They are both great resorts. I am here at CBR right now. The pool at PO are better. They try to place you in the village you request. We have always gotten our location request granted. It is about a 10 min walk from the far reaches of the resort.

CBR is a great place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter