CBR Water View

Nazran

Mouseketeer
If you happen to have pictures of what WDW describes as a water view... could you post them here?

If you happen to have pictures of what WDW describes as a water view... could you post them here?

I am very interested in this as well. I mean, the explanation on DW website is that it will either be overlooking the quiet pool or the beach. But, what does that REALLY mean?? :) lol If I find any pics in my search I'll try to link them here.

It usually means from some angle, if you twist your head a certain way, you may be able to see water. I never understood why someone would pay extra for this. Who looks out their window while on vacation anyhow.

Now if you charged more because it is more centrally located, I can understand that as people don't like to walk far.

Just my 2 cents

I was looking on the CBR pictures thread, I think perhaps page 8 or 9 there is a picture of the courtyard view. It's not MUCH, but you know, it looks pieceful. And really, you wake up walk out and walk to get the bus or whatever, it's not like you stay and linger. :) Now, I can understand if you have kids that will swim a lot, that you want to be near the pool. But that may subject you to more noise as well. I think we will go with a perferred room, and just request a corner room which has 2 windows :)

I would like to see also as next year will be our first trip to CBR. I seen that you could get a Pirate room or Pirate room with water view, and I did not knw what one to pick!

Don't have pics of the waterview but have had them. Usually a view of the lake.

The downfall is to see it you have to leave your curtains open and the walkway is right outside your room. So basically to see the lake, everyone else gets to see your room.

If you are going to spend the extra on the waterview, I would spend it on the preferred location. Have done that as well and it is SOOO nice being right near the main pool and food court/shop.

We were in Martinique both times (when we did preferred) and had a beach right in front of the room with hammocks and 30 sec walk to main building. Would definitely do it again if we were stay at CBR.

As for CBR, LOVE IT! Great relaxing resort no matter what building you have. Stayed in Trinidad South and loved that too! Steel drums, beaches, hammocks. A vacation in a vacation.

Enjoy

The downfall is to see it you have to leave your curtains open and the walkway is right outside your room. So basically to see the lake, everyone else gets to see your room.

If you are going to spend the extra on the waterview, I would spend it on the preferred location. Have done that as well and it is SOOO nice being right near the main pool and food court/shop.

We were in Martinique both times (when we did preferred) and had a beach right in front of the room with hammocks and 30 sec walk to main building. Would definitely do it again if we were stay at CBR.

As for CBR, LOVE IT! Great relaxing resort no matter what building you have. Stayed in Trinidad South and loved that too! Steel drums, beaches, hammocks. A vacation in a vacation.

Enjoy

Are the steel drums live or are they piped in? Either way would be cool.

Just piped in. Usually hear it in and around the main building (food court and shop).

Whenever we hear steel drums now we think of CBR.

Once when we went to CBR we had a waterview in Aruba on the first floor and it was the last building all the way down. So basically we had nobody walking by our door. It really was a great room. Negative side is longer walk to the Ol ' Port, but just hubby and I didn't think it was that long. This time we're going with a closer building with kids. I want to say it was room 5610, but not sure on the 56 part, on a map it was the last building on the right, and it was definetly a waterview. I know they can also define waterview if it looks at a pool, so in my 3 requests I would list lakeview or something like that as my first request if that was a big importance. Being on the first floor we were able to just plop chairs outside and also the sand beach was right there. Even had a duck come up to visit frequently. Not everyone's cup of tea, but he kinda grew on us.:goodvibes

Enjoy

Kenny, Do you remember which building/rm @ Martinique you had? I would love to have a similar room (beach in front with hammocks and 30sec walk to main building/food court). I've never stayed at CBR before and haven't got a chance to take a peek while I was at Disney. Did you have to request for such a room or just upgraded to Preferred? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter