cc shows crt lunch charged for full amount!

white rabbit

I'm Late For A Very Important Date!
Hi everyone! This is my very first post. I have been a long time lurker and have gotten so much useful info here! I made ressies for lunch at CRT for Dec. 3. It is for a family of four, DH, DD8, DD6, and me. I got my Disney rewards visa bill today and it shows WDW dining reservation with it charged $135.00. the 2006 Unofficial Guide said that they took a cc deposit for CRT. I have also read some posts from people saying the same thing. Has the policy changed? We were planning on using the DDP for this dinner. The CM who helped me with all of this asked me three different times if we were on the DDP and I told her yes. She was very nice and helpful. Can I use the DDP now that our card has been charged the full amount? Any help would be sooooo appreciated! This is our first trip and we are so excited!

I believe that CRT changed a lot of thing for 2006. The info in the 2006 guide is outdated. When we ate there in Dec (not on the DDP) our credit card was charged a deposit for each person, and then that total was taken off the bill when we payed the balance after the breakfast.

You may have to pre-pay the entire meal now like you do for the dinner shows. :confused3 Still, I would think that would only apply to guests paying oop for the meal and not people on the dining plan. I was under the impression that Disney Dining put a HOLD (for the entire amount) on the CC and when the guests "paid" using the dining plan the hold was removed. Maybe I'm wrong though. I would call Disney Dining and ask that the new policy for CRT be explained and tell the CM that your card was charged the full amount. Hopefully they can help. Good luck!

we have ADR'S for lunch there in Sep. and we are also on the DDP. They took my CC info but did not charge it since i am on the DDp. It is only for a no show they will charge you. You should call Disney back.

Call dining back and explain the mistake, many have reported that a refund was given and some say that the refund was given at the meal. I would insist on the refund up front since you told them you are on the plan. We always left CC info but have not been charged, we were just there after the changes in Feb. Same with the HDDR we left CC info but were never charged since we were on the dining plan. :sunny:

aaroncg said:
we have ADR'S for lunch there in Sep. and we are also on the DDP. They took my CC info but did not charge it since i am on the DDp. It is only for a no show they will charge you. You should call Disney back.

Same here... but for supper in Aug (on the DDP). The lady said they'd only charge the credit card if we didn't show up... I agree. Call Disney back!!

The 2006 edition of "The Unofficial Guide..." was published in September 2005; it's updated slightly once or twice a year if necessary; the 2007 edition will be out late this summer and will have the updated information.
Anyway, according to Allearsnet.com: "NOTE: Payment in full with a credit card will be required at the time of booking for all meals at Cinderella's Royal Table. If you do not have a credit card, the reservation cannot be made." http://allearsnet.com/din/cb.htm

I switched to the DDP after my credit card had been charged. I called to let them know that I was going to use the DDP, and they reversed the credit card charge. I did have some hassle (but not too much) because somehow they double-booked my reservation when I first made ADR's, so I had two charges on my credit card. It did all work out after a couple of phone calls, and they were very pleasant about it.

Beth

I did call back and the CM did say that since we are on the dining plan that they will refund our cc. We will only be charged the full amount if we do not show up. It should reflect the refund on our next statement. Hopefully this is all settled. Thanks for the help everyone! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter