CDC report on Magic illness 6/2/2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjacobi

DIS Veteran
The following URL provides a link to the official CDC report on the outbreak of gastroenteritis illness that occured on Disney Magic cruise on June 2-5, 2000. The conclusion of this report was salmonella from the shrimp fountain served on the embarkation lunch.

Note that this is *not* a report of recent events but of a past event that occured more than two years ago. However it does provide some insight about the contents of a future report on recent events. I wonder if the new report will reach a similar conclusion, or perhaps, something totally different.

I wonder how long it will take before the new report is posted on the website. If CDC has the resources, it should only be a matter of a week before a final report could be made. However, I suspect that CDC may have other piorities, and it may take serveral months before a final report is available.

-Paul
(A future cruiser on Magic, but will skip the shrimp)

URL for CDC report for June 2-5, 2000:
http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/outbreak/2000/DisneyMagicTReport.htm

URL of form to find recent inspection report:

http://www2.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/vspmain.asp

This was a TOTALLY SEPARATE incident that was resolved long ago. The Magic and Wonder consistently get very high ratings now for food handling and sanitation from the CDC, and there is no evidence whatsoever that the current illness was related in any way to food handling.

We are keeping all comments regarding the illness to a couple of current threads and please feel free to post comments there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter